Chapter 37: Finding Doc

Kyou's POV

I've been holding my phone for hours since the Doodle Maps app was my only tour guide. Well... reaching different hospitals in Alguna, the app was helpful, indeed. However, at the 6th hospital that I checked, I still got nothing...

I stared at my notepad with Uncle Yo's crazy handwriting. Here lies the possible info about my dad's former ophthalmologist-- Dr. Rin.

Now, at the 7th hospital...

"Excuse me... Are there any doctors here named Rin..?"

"Yes, sir. Would you like to make an appointment--"

"Is he an ophthalmologist?" There was a glint of hope in my eyes. But because of that, I cut the nurse's question off... with a question also.

"Uh... I'm afraid, sir, no..."

"... Former ophtal--?"

"No."

The hope that I held a moment ago just vanished. Still, my journey must continue... for Miss Arjera...

Well, it's Uncle Yo's fault. He should've remembered Dr. Rin's surname so that my hopes won't just get up for anything.

I left the hospital and glanced at the Doodle Maps app. The next nearest hospital was just in sight.

For a second, I smiled when I saw the half signal bar at the upper-right corner of my phone. I just thought that 'Nice! I could call Miss Arjera!'

... But only for a second.

My phone just slipped through my infuriating hand. There was even no oil in my hand, why did it even slip?!

There were cracks when it bounced to the floor and worst, I couldn't call Miss Arjera anymore since the screen turns black to whatever I do!

It was more heart-aching than having no guides to the hospitals. Speaking of hospitals... Oh... I wouldn't be able to continue this journey...

Anyway...

"This is my limit, huh..." I spoke to myself.

Putting my phone back into my pocket, I decided that the next nearest hospital would be the last one to check for the day.

Rinz Hospital...

Asking the nurse the usual questions, I expect to get no info again. It was indeed my limit-

"I know him," answered the nurse.

It made me snap back to my senses.

"Are you sure..?"

"Yes."

"Is he an ophthalmologist?"

"Yes, sir."

"Named Rin?"

"Yes."

Finally! Who knew that my last hope would actually be a real hope!? I need to inform Miss Arje-

I'll use the telephone later.

Clearing my throat, I continued to gather information from the nurse afterward. There were no clues about his location but I got his telephone number.

I stepped out of the hospital, holding a piece of paper where the number was written. I badly wanted to call Miss Arjera but checking this number comes first.

I scanned my surroundings just in case there was a telephone booth.

... Seemed like there were none.