Chapter 30: Path

Kyou's POV

Before I entered the stage again, I recalled my conversation with Big Sis, months before the founding anniversary of our school. We were sitting outside the coffee shop with Miss Arjera as our main topic.

"Then stay away from her. You wanna protect her, right?"

Yes, I wanted to protect her. However, staying away from her was something I wouldn't like...

Was there any other way for me to stay by her side? I'll try everything... Everything... Everything..?

Wait... If I talk to Uncle Yo, will I succeed..?

I smiled at my reflection in the cup, projecting Miss Arjera on my mind. Risky as it was, I confidently answered my sister.

"I can't do that, Big Sis... Because I've been told to stick with her until the end."

... And so, our conversation ended right there.

I brought out my only pocketbook as we arrived home. I climbed to my room and sat on the bed while still re-reading the novel.

After a few minutes, I glanced at the creak of the door. It was Uncle Yo. Perfect timing.

"Hm... How's your eyesight?" he asked.

I closed the book with both of my hands and answered,
"Still the same."

"You're not overusing your powers, do you?"

"Not anymore. I promised Miss--" I froze, dropping the book on the floor. "Wait... Since when did you..?"

"Ever since you were born."

I was silenced but let out a heavy sigh eventually.
"I even had a hard time hiding this from you."

"Ahahahah! You should've tried asking me! I'm a Zeyern too, you know."

"You also have the ability..?"

"No, no, no!" He shook his head. "Your dad and I were partners in hiding the ability from your mom before. We also tried looking for a solution on how to prevent blindness."

P-perfect timing again!

"However..."

"W-what is it..?" I leaned forward.

"There's only a specific doctor that we sought that time. I don't know if he's still alive..."

"Is he around in Alguna..?"

"Yeah... He's a well-known doctor there. I haven't heard anything from him for ages so... why don't you try looking for him?"

"..."

"Can't leave your Miss Arjera?"

"N-no! It's fine. I planned on leaving too for her to avoid any dangers." Since I just remembered Big Sis saying the LDR thing before.

"Then why the hesitation?"

"... I'm just wondering if this will work..."

He smiled at me and said,
"You'll never know unless you try."

Well... I decided to try everything.

It's fine even if we're far from each other. I'm certain that... our paths will cross again.

"Kyou!"

"Ah--" I stepped forward as someone pushed my back. "Miss Arjera!"