Chapter 34: Friends

Myle's POV

Brother Ein sighed. 
"What are you thinking, Myle, exposing yourself to the rain?"

"I..." I coughed. "... I'll get sick in—" Coughed again. "... some ways, anyway."

That's right. I remembered back in JS Prom, my body was shivering when I went home. The day after that, I got sick. I thought it was because of wine, not the weather... but it's actually both.

"I need to go now. Drink plenty of water!"

"Bye. Don't ever—" I sneezed. "—come back."

"Ahahah! What a sweet sister."

"Shut up."

He grabbed his necktie and bag on my study table. I stretched my hand, trying to reach the switch but he immediately came back.
"Goodness, you should've asked me."

"..."

He turned my room's light off. Pretty dark... but relaxing. He finally left. Ha... inner peace!

... just kidding. It's lonely here.

I hope my family will come back much earlier.

I've been absent from school for a whole week so I should recover before Monday. Mom didn't allow me to hold my phone and I was dying. I'm sick plus dying, gosh, what might happen to me?

After a few minutes, a loud knock on our door woke me up. I scratched my head then crawl downstairs. I coughed and spoke,
"Whoever in the world you are, please wait!"

I'm doomed if it's our parents. They're gonna teach me a lesson about manners.

Opening the door, my eyes widened seeing Lev in front of me.

"Haha... Hi?" He waved his hand... then Eris and Claus came out from Lev's back.

"..." 

"Forgive me for I may enter the light now." Claus stepped in. Wait. That statement's so misleading! Moreover, it's dark inside!

"Er... Thanks—" I coughed. "—for visiting. But what if you catch my cold?"

"That's much better!" Eris replied with a grin. So Claus whacked the back of her head. Eris fainted.

Gosh, these crazy twins. 

"Wait here," I said.

Pointing at the couch, I let them enter. Lev sat silently while Claus dragged Eris who was lying on the floor. I switched the lights on before going upstairs.

Facemask, facemask... Oh, here it is!

I wore it then rushed to the first floor. The twins were holding each other's cheeks and hair.

I sighed. These two never change.

"Er... Where's Lev?"

"Kitchen," they answered and turned to me in unison.

He's not cooking, is he..? Yeah, probably just thirsty.

Curious as I was, I walked to the kitchen. I sniffed a smoke coming from that direction. Suddenly, I felt like sweating. That dude's definitely using our stove!

I have arrived. Lev was wearing an apron and it's not even ours. He brought it, I see. He planned on cooking at our house beforehand!

"H-hey!" I cough for the 100th time. Happy anniversary, I guess.
"You don't need to do that..."

"Just wait with the twins. Cooking at other people's houses is my hobby."

What kind of hobby is that?!