Chapter 11: Deal

Myle's POV

"Kyou, let's have a nice talk... for the last time." I requested it just a month ago.

The brightness of the street light stood out as if a spotlight was on us. Even with the breeze knocking leaves off the tree, we were still on our feet.

"We have the same mindset, Miss Arjera." He smiled.

I was wondering if he truly thought the same. I met him for two reasons though.

First, "I want to be your friend again."

"When we're already friends..?"

I just stood there before I absorbed everything. "Give me back my tears!"

"T-Tears?"

"Look, it may sound selfish but I thought that I lost a precious friend!"

"Precious..." He didn't have to be flustered. It was just part of my dialogue. Although, indeed, he is.

"Anyway, I'm sorry... When you said before that you couldn't save her, I figured that you're referring to your mom..."

I stared at the ground then continued. "Don't blame yourself. You never know, if I got in danger, I might also blame myself... 'cause you might hurt yourself. Or something like that..."

He was not looking at me so I asked, "Did you get it..?"

"Yeah..."

I noticed that he didn't talk that much. Probably because my mouth kept on babbling.

"Miss Arjera, I apologize... for making you cry."

"Er... That was just my misunderstanding."

"Still, it's my fault. I should've made it clear..."

"As I said, let's just not blame ourselves. Case closed."

"So, I guess we could talk once a week?" He raised both his eyebrows twice.

"You should fix that eyebrow of yours."

"The air was too cold before, I had no time to tease you," he said.

So, after a moment of depression, his irritating smile was back.

"Anyway, once a week is too dangerous. Let's make it once a year-"

"Once a month-" he interrupted.

"Deal." And so, I did.

I figured he would suggest that. If I said once a month, he might have interrupted and said once in two weeks.

When we both agreed, it was time to state my second reason. However, a certain someone beat me to it.

"Want some?" She blocked our sight with a banana. I never thought that Ms. Ayuri would come out.

"Er... Thanks," I said.

Kyou and I grabbed the banana then sat on the chair that Ms. Ayuri brought out.

"No problem. Think of it as gratitude for getting Kyou and I back together!"

"I think you need to rephrase your wording, Big Sis." His teeth were gritted, showing a dark smile. Then, he peeled the banana.

He probably thought that I might mistake them for an incest relationship. I've always been misunderstanding things so I couldn't blame him.

"Well, never mind that. More importantly, I'm here to notify you two that... she's here." She leaned forward on the table. "The traitor of the Zeyerns, Kana Rinsel."

The atmosphere became intense instantly. Kana Rinsel... When I heard that name, what first came to my mind was the second reason I came here...

"Ms. Ayuri, Kyou.., I need to tell you something." I breathed deeply. Both of them stared, waiting for me to speak. "A voice... whispered to me in the school. She said, 'Zeyern are worthless. How 'bout helping me, Miss Myle Arjera?'...

I planned on accepting then act like a spy but-"

"Don't!" They both reacted at the same time. I figured, they would be worried.

I smiled. "I'm glad to see that you get along now."

"Look, you're parents will be worried! Oh my gosh... Your long-distance relationship is needed after all. Myle, you must never tell anyone that you're still friends with Kyou!"

"Yes..."

"Not even Lev nor your family!"

"Y-yes..."

She leaned forward on the table then whispered... "You know, that woman might be lurking around right now. The least that our plan can do is lessen Myle's presence."

Ms. Ayuri was right. I've already been involved. If our plan succeeded, the enemy might forget me even with our slim chance.

After a few moments, a tiny drop was felt on our heads, the surroundings started to become wet, and the wind blew stronger. We didn't want to catch a cold so we already exchanged goodbyes.

Before I walk back home, I turned my head and looked at Kyou.

Opening the door, I noticed that... "He doesn't seem to be well..."

"Who?" A certain voice I heard behind asked.

"Kyou-" I slowly looked to my left. His head was already above my shoulder. "Eek!"

"Eek? Is that how you greet your long-lost brother?" Long-lost, my foot. He just went to his work for two weeks and he's finally back.

"Then, welcome home.., Brother Ein."

"I'm back!" He went past me then switched the lights on. "So, who's that Kyou?"

"I wonder who?"

"Ah, well... never mind. I can just ask our parents." He smirked.

"Err... Fine, fine. He's my friend before but not anymore." I answered because I wouldn't want the three of them to teasing me.

"So you broke up..." I didn't need his pity since I broke up with no one. I just realized his similarity with Ms. Ayuri. Maybe I should start shipping them? Ms. Ayuri x Brother Ein, their ship might sail.

I climbed about 5 steps on the staircase then stopped when my brother started to mumble. "You like him, right? It must be painful..."

"What in the world..?" I frowned.

"I overheard your conversation. Only the part where you have some kind of deal. That look on your face... means that you'll miss him."

"Miss? Like? Well, we're friends."

"I mean you like him as a man."

"Of course, he's not a woman."

"Nevermind... You're denser than I thought. As expected of a studious person." He showed a face that looked amazed. That's why I knew that he meant no harm. Still, an awful memory came back to me.

"Good night." I waved my hand.

"Good night! By the way, looks like I stacked all my works on you for two weeks. So, I will start doing the chores tomorrow and you should rest well. Oh! I'll put the salary here on the table. Just remind me to give it to our parents."

I replied nothing.

Walking silently through the opened door to my room, good grief, my brother reminded me of my two dark histories. I closed the door, spreading darkness. I had no energy to switch on the light.

I smiled, leaning and sitting behind the door. "I guess, I'll be useless again."

I wouldn't be able to help anyone.

Not my family...

Not Kyou...

To calm my mind, I stood by the window to sightsee. That was when I caught a glimpse of... that woman's shadow.