Chapter 17: Laughter

Myle's POV

Trying to cover the blinding sunlight with my left hand, I crawled out of the bed. As I sat on the floor, it felt like I held someone's socks.

"Er... What time is it, Brother-"

"Good morning, Miss Arjera."

I squinted my eyes trying to see the person behind the light. Shaking my head, I cleared my vision and insisted, "Brother Ein..?"

The only response I got was his refreshing smile. I placed a palm on my face, knowing that this man had already invaded my room.

On the verge of getting knocked out, I first thought that 'Arg... He saw my messy hair.'

"I'm sorry, Miss Arjera. I won't do it again." He had already repeated this statement countless times.

Glancing at the front seat, I whispered, "I-I said it's fine now..."

I wouldn't want my dad to misunderstand my relationship with Kyou. Since he offered to drive both of us to school, things became awkward in the backseat.

"We're here, kids!" Dad announced like sending off children to elementary.

"I'm sorry, Miss Arjera. I have to-"

"As I said-!" I paused, realizing something. "Er... Sorry, what is it?"

"Our adviser called me earlier so I have to go to the faculty first."

"Oh, see you later then."

"Yes, see you later..."

He went out of the car while I stayed for a while to ask my dad something.

"Why did you let him in?"

Averting his eyes, I figured he would lie so I spoke first, "Please tell the truth."

"We're asked not to tell you this but I guess I had no choice."

"Why..?"

"He apologized to us on your behalf. We know that both of you didn't expect the explosion but we pinned the blame on you so I'm sorry..."

"Ah, it's alright..!"

I also thought that he didn't need to because he didn't even scold me that time.

"He's a nice kid, that Kyou Zeyern..."

"Yeah, but that didn't answer my question. Even if a guy is nice, I doubt you'd let him enter my room."

"That is... Ahahah!" Laughing things off, I knew I got it from my dad. "No matter what we did, we couldn't wake you up until you mumbled his name in your sleep."

"W-What..?"

"You were rolling back and forth, saying 'Kyou. Kyou. Kyou." My face was already red but Dad didn't even stop. "When he visited us, we took the chance to wake you. Don't worry, we were nearby, watching you two have your moment."

"Please don't say moment, the readers might misunderstand."

"Alright, alright. . . Wait, readers?"

"I mean I need to go now, Dad!"

Leaving out of the car, I suddenly remembered Kyou's smile when I woke up. I almost thought that he's turning into a pervert but with my sleeptalking, I had no right to judge.

"Excuse me, Are you perhaps Ms. Myle Arjera?" A strict-looking teacher behind me suddenly asked. "Please come with me to the faculty."