Chapter 18: Teases

Myle's POV

"Kyou, Kyou! Let's check inside his room!"

"I thought you hate invasion of privacy?"

"Well..." I paused, thinking that he was right. Still.., "Ahahahah! Alright, I'm going in!"

As I went past him, he sighed. "I'll read your mind if you don't behave."

What am I? A kid?!

Well, I couldn't blame him since I wanted to confirm something in Lev's room. It was all because of what happened earlier...

Kyou gazed at the ceiling, then asked, "Lev Vande, the meeting place... Is it your home?"

"Nope... Not our home, but our restaurant." His answer made our jaws dropped.

I knew Vande Family was rich but not to the point of owning a restaurant. Honestly, there were times that I didn't take Lev's words seriously, so maybe he told me that before, but I just forgot.

"Myle, you seemed to be laughing more recently..," he said, breaking the silence.

"Er... Dad's influence? Ahahahah..."

"Oh..."

In the awkward atmosphere between me and Lev, Kyou interrupted, "Lies." He jumped out of his seat. "Or that's what I feel, Miss Arjera."

So that's his way of telling me that he didn't use his ability. He must have noticed that I only laugh things off.

"Lev Vande, let's go to that meeting place of yours."

As he requested, Lev would drive us there. Waiting by the gate, a van came out. It's kind of weird because as far as I know, vans were usually used in the kidnapping.

The door had opened with Lev holding the wheel. "Jump in."

"You feel cool, don't you?" I smirked because he was like those cool action stars when driving.

"Miss Arjera, stop teasing him."

"Hey, I might start to think that you have feelings for Lev!"

"That's disgusting, Myle!"

"Kyou's unrequited love for Lev... Kuhuhu..." I rubbed my eyes, pretending to cry, to tease them.

Lev bumped his head to the wheel while Kyou looked away and sighed. I now understood why Zeyerns were always teasing me. Their reactions were satisfying...

Wait. I'm turning into a sadist.

"KYOU!" Startled by my shout, he abruptly straightened his posture.

"Yes..?"

"Bad influence!"

"I . . . did nothing though?"

"You infected me with your teasing virus!"

"Oh . . . Ahahahah! I love your unique thoughts, Miss Arjera."

Lev suddenly raised his head while I just stared at the floor, getting embarrassed, because of his misleading statement!

"I want to read it now..." I held my breath, shocked by his words until he smiled. "The book, I mean."

Gosh, my heart almost stopped! I thought he would confess his secret to Lev. Good thing, he hasn't noticed anything yet.

"Ahem." Lev coughed, enough for him to get our attention. "Maybe you wanna ride now?"