Chapter 22: Plan

Myle's POV

Without Kyou, I don't think making a plan for the play is possible for me now.

"Haaa..!" I sighed, gripping the bedsheet.

Suddenly, I could see nothing but darkness as a hand covered my eyes. "Calm down, Miss Arjera..," he whispered.

"I don't wannaaa--!" Shaking my head to get his hand off my precious face, his other hand abruptly clasped my mouth. "Hrm! Hm! Hmm!"

"How unusual..."

"Hrm! Hrm?! Gwrrr . . ." (Unusual? Grrr!)

Finally, he released my mouth but not my eyes. "Gwah--! What in the world are you doing?"

"I just want to touch you, Miss Arjera."

"T-t-touch?!" Embarrassed by his words, I covered my face, as red as a Mongol pencil's eraser. Holding his hand was inevitable. It's his fault for clasping it at my eyes.

His irritating smile had already entered my imagination, so I tried to pull his hand out of my precious face. But why in the world was he not budging?!

... Fine, he's sick, so I'll just forgive his misleading words.

"Really... How unusual," he said for the second time. "I thought you'll get worried ten times as usual because I'm sick... But it seems like it's the opposite."

"Oh, er... Sorry, I just got used to the idea that fever is no big deal..."

"No big deal..."

". . . I'm-- sorry!" I stretched my arms forward, trying to reach him.

My left arm got pulled towards him, touching something soft. I tried to squeeze it because of curiosity. I hope it's not a forbidden part-- never mind.

After a few seconds, he spoke up.
"I'm not mad, Miss Arjera..."

The sudden silence was kind of weird when I could only see darkness. Continuing to squeeze the unknown soft stuff, he pulled me more, that I couldn't feel that stuff anymore.

Again, something soft grazed my forehead. His hand was still in my eyes while the other continued to pull my arms forward.

"Kyou..?"

When I mentioned his name, he released me. Lying sideways, he wrapped himself in a blanket and turned his back on me.

"Please forgive me..." he pleaded, like being hunted by a lion.

Did I say something wrong? They say sick people tend to be sensitive more than usual. 'Kyou' doesn't sound wrong though? His name is not scary either...

For the second time, I called his name. "Kyou--" I paused when he suddenly trembled.

Er... Why do I find this cute?! He's fully wrapped though, so probably only the shaking blanket is cute.

Anyway, what exactly did he do when he covered my eyes..?

Waiting for him to face me, I turned to the creaking door with Lev's face sticking out.
"Myle, is he asleep now?"

There's still a tremble, so probably not. I stretched my neck, trying to peek at Kyou's face, but he had already also covered it. Still, I answered, "Yeah, he is..." Because he needed rest.

Closing to his ears, I whispered, "We'll return right away."

I ran to Lev then closed the door. As we faced forward, Eris, Claus, and Ma'am Andrea were already standing in front of the room. The man in black, on the other hand, was sitting on the floor beside Ma'am.

He's well-behaved... Is it because of her terror teacher vibes..? Oh, wait. I forgot something very important.

"Hey." I squatted to match the man's view. "Are you aware that you're being abandoned?"

"What..?"

"I'm not sure what happened between you and the Rinsels, but they gave you two options: Kidnap Kyou or get caught."

First, he didn't even try to hide when he sent the familiar envelope to Lev in front of us. On top of that, he's wearing a suspicious outfit.

Second, when Kyou spotted him, he instantly walked away. When we followed him as a group, his eyes widened and he started to run. More importantly, why was he still lurking around that time?

And so, I realized that he planned on making Kyou follow him alone then kidnap him afterward. But since it's impossible and the Rinsels were not that dumb, they must've instructed this man those things to throw him away.

"I see. Kana is still mad that I let Zack Zeyern escaped before..." he murmured. "I even gave it to Lev Vande to not make it obvious..."

"Oh, so that part was your plan."

It's confirmed that he and the kidnapper of Kyou's dad were the same people. My theories were kind of on point, but I don't think I should be glad.

"You're pretty sharp, Myle Arjera . . . Worthy of being Kyou Zeyern's partner," he teased, making my face flush.

Taking a deep breath, I looked up to Lev and asked, "Shall we burn him alive?"

"I'm afraid, we must not," he answered.

I stood up and let Ma'am Andrea handle the man since I had finished interrogating him.

Lev, Eris, Claus, and I were left to discuss everything about the club. First of all, there were five of us, including Kyou. So our priority is to find six more members.

"Have someone in mind?" I asked them.

Then, the twins replied,
"Except the man in black, none."

"Er... We'll try to look for a person like that fellow later," I said and turned to Lev. "How about you?"

"Hm... I'll try asking my sister."

"Alright, thanks." Nice, one down!

Asking for their suggestions when I couldn't think of my own... What kind of leader am I?

Still, who would be a great actor..?

Pulping the answer out of my brain, two people popped up.

That's right. If I asked them, we would automatically get the best actor and the great writer.

"Let's go back," I suggested.

The three of them tilted their heads and spoke in unison. "Huh?"

"Let's go back to Kyou," I repeated and they all followed me without any fuss.

Yes, we shouldn't waste more time since lots of energy would drain... from persuading that fellow.