Chapter 16: Buried Feelings

Myle's POV

Walking down the alley, my ears caught a conversation that made me hide behind an electrical post.

In front of a cafe, Kyou sipped a cup of coffee together with his sister. Many people were passing by, so I figured they wouldn't notice me.

"I don't plan on letting her marry a man who's about to go blind." I stepped back after overhearing his words.

"Hold up!" She slammed the table, gaining everyone's attention. "I only asked if you like her, but you're going straight to marriage!"

He stared at his cup, drawing a circle on the table with his index finger.

Ms. Ayuri took a deep breath and asked, "Are you already giving up..?"

Before hearing his answer, I distanced myself from the electrical post.

"I don't have time for love. I'll just worry about it in the future," I whispered, repeating my statement from the past.

«A Week Ago»

"Myle, you brat! What are you doing at the mall at this hour?!"

"I-I..." I lowered my head as my body kept on trembling.

My mom scolded me as soon as I got home after the bombing incident. I couldn't explain properly since she was on par with the explosion before.

I knew this was the result of my decision to take a break outside. To encounter two eruptions in one night, my luck had defied me so I just wished for this to end.

"Mom.., I'm the one who allowed her-"

"Just stay there, Ein! You're a female, Myle! I already told you to act like one!"

I understood their worries because it was dangerous and I finally learned my lesson. Still, I had a traumatic experience, hoping that my mother would at least let me explain and rest.

Covering my face with my hair, I tried to conceal my tears. After a few minutes, our attention was focused on the television.

'Breaking News: Around 6:30 pm, a fire broke out in the RS Mall, Naveit City. They say that a bomb was planted by the alias, The Bomber. Fortunately, The Bomber has already been caught at the time of the incident. Jansen Evans, NPC News.'

Mom gasp, covering her mouth. Releasing her hand, she spoke again. "That's why I warned you! Good thing, you weren't caught in that explosion! Or else..."

The pause she made gave me a chance to wipe my tears and look at her straight. "I'm sorry, I won't do it again."

Glancing at the stairs, I continued, "Don't worry... I'm pretty alright!"

My family's widened eyes were fixed on me. Not because of my last statement but because I said that while wearing a gentle smile with my swollen eyes.

Because of that moment, I've decided to hide my true feelings in every circumstance...

«Present Time»

I was sitting again in front of someone that I knew I should not meet. She was also aware of that so she slammed the poor table. "Stop vistin' me! I'm so tired of your questions!!"

"I'm a curious brat, what can you do?"

For no reason, Carsel Rinsel silently stared for a second. "Okay, 'kay. Just make it quick."

I took a deep breath and asked, "Who's your new target?"

"Target.., you say? Ah, You must've overheard that time, when you and Zou Zeyern deceived me."