Chapter 27: Friend

"Her first..."

He took a step back as these words escaped from his lips. Shaking his head, he shouted to the point of closing his eyes.

"S-such an obvious lie!"

Kyou shrugged. "It's fine if you won't believe me."

"Of course, I won't! Myle might have not even known you!"

Lev had never planned on believing him. He just met him today and that must be the same for Myle. Moreover, he never saw a man like him in their school.

However, it's a different case if they're outside the school.

"I wonder about that..." He turned to Myle then smiled. "You can still recognize me, right?"

She nodded. "Hm... K... Kyou..!"

"Yes," he answered, patting her head.

Watching their flowery smiles, Lev had already realized that... he knew nothing about Myle.

As soon as the shuttle service unloaded the passengers, Kyou used all his strength just to escape the crowd. Successfully doing so, he rushed from the shuttle stop to Zeyra Cafe. Running through the sidewalk, he recalled the words of his sister.

"Pick me up before 11 pm. Get late and you're dead!"

... Kyou sighed.

His sister probably hated him that she would always demand things from him. Still, he understood her very well. Because ever since that tragic night, he began to believe that 'There is a reason in every action.'
--It's the same with her attitude...

"Ha... I'm... finally... here..!" he shouted while catching his breath as if he was freed from some kind of torture.

With the back of his hand, he wiped off the sweat that dripped down his chin and cheeks. Then, he glanced at his wristwatch.

10:30... Good. I still have 30 minutes.

Entering the cafe, he scanned the surroundings, looking for his sister. However, she's nowhere to be sighted. Instead, two boys with a girl following them caught his attention because it made him realize that there's a second floor.

He tailed them although without knowing what's up there. Convincing himself that he's not in some horror movies was the thing that he could at least do.

Arriving on the 2nd floor, many people were gossiping. Now, Kyou began to wonder what's the situation.

"Here, cool that head of yours."

He turned to that familiar voice. That was her sister, talking to a certain girl. He looked around again then learned that the gossips were directed to the girl.

"Uhm... Excuse me, is there an event here on the 2nd floor?" Kyou asked a random man.

"Yes, it's our high school's... JS Prom," he replied. "Why?"

"O-oh, nothing. I'm just wondering if that girl's your classmate?"

"Ah, don't mind her. She has a nasty personality. A study-freak."

"Hm..."

The man continued, "She's always serious about her grades to the point of bossing us around in every group activity. It's obvious why no one wants to approach her."