Chapter 35: Dads

"You're going to Alguna tomorrow?!" Myle shouted, then instantly covered her mouth.

"What's wrong?" asked her dad.

"... It's nothing. I'm just shocked like... wow, Alguna! Great place! Haha..."

Hm... There's nothing special in that place though, so her family didn't buy it. Still, they let her be.

Anyways, Saturday equals family bonding! She was also just revived from being sick so there's no time to have deep thoughts.

But Kyou—

She slapped her cheeks, reminding herself that NO DEEP THOUGHTS!

Her parents glanced at the backseat, wondering about the noise that she made. She opened the car's window and said, "w-wow~ the breeze is so loud! Or probably that was a screech of a tire..? A-ahahah..."

Oh, no. She couldn't act normal.

"Myle, are you worried about that Kyou kid?" asked her mom.

"..."

"You're thrice sensitive when hearing something connected to that kiddo."

Thrice is too much though...

"Oh... Come to think of it, Dad was Kyou's father's best friend." She changed the topic and then asked, "is it okay for me to know... what happened before he went missing?"

Their mother glanced at the headphoned Brother Ein who kept on banging his head beside Myle. Their mom nodded to their dad afterward.

As the wheels continued to roll on, a story from the past had begun to unfold...

Walking along the street, he stopped as there was a loud thump that almost hit his feet. He glanced to his left then realized: it was a basketball.

He hurried to get it and searched for the owner.

"Uh... That ball..." A man pointed at the one he was holding. "I believe that's mine..?"

"Ah, so you're the owner! Thank God!" He sighed with relief.

He thought he would need to bring the ball to the lost and found center. It would consume him more time and energy like crazy! And... oh, crap. He's late for work!

"Here, I need to go now! Bye-bye!"

The man caught the ball that was passed to him.
"Thanks..?"

He rushed too much that he didn't have a chance to hear the gratitude of the man.

Arriving at the building, he panted first before entering. Although soaked in sweat, at least the guard let him in.

Why though?

He scanned his surroundings. Others' backs were leaning on their chairs with their foot on the table as women put makeup on and braided each other's hair.

What's with this company?

"Yooo~! How are you today, Mr. Guard?" said a familiar voice.

"Oh. Good day, Sir Zack! Did you have fun today?"

"Hm... I guess?"

It looked like he didn't have fun though?

He stared at that 'Sir Zack' then turned his glance to the ball. 

Now he remembered, he was the man that he met earlier! He seemed close to the guard...

"Are you... the owner of this company?" he accidentally blurted his thoughts out.