Chapter 31: Intuition

Myle's POV

Not only once... but twice..!

The first time he did it was in Lev's room because of his sickness. The second time, it was in the play, although it's Ms. Ayuri's idea. Still, he did it longer than I thought!

Just... what in the world was going on in his mind..?

"Miss Arjera, are you alright? I apologize for my sister's irrational decisions..."

"I-Irrational?!" Ms. Ayuri reacted.

He calmly responded, "Yeah."

... Siblings fight. So, of course, I shouldn't meddle.

I tip-toed out of their sight when my forehead suddenly bumped a certain... tummy?

"You look like a lost kid."

"Shh, Lev!"

"... What?"

"Just--" I twisted his whole body to make him turn around. "-- go--"
Then I started pushing him. "-- straight forward!"

I also began to run.

"E-eh? W-wait-- Myle..!"

We kept on moving forward until we arrived at a bench outside the school with fewer people around it. I sat and so he did.

"Now, what?" he asked.

"Er..."

"So we're just gonna wait for the Zeyern siblings to cool down?"

"Heck, no!" I accidentally shouted, making Lev's eyes widen.

"... Hey, Myle..."

"I-I mean, of course, I pushed you here 'cause I need to ask you something."

He sighed. "What is it?"

"Did you already know... about Kyou?"

I was beating around the bush. I didn't know what to do if in case Lev wasn't aware of Kyou's ability.

"... What about him?"

He took a pause! Or wait... Er... Trying to figure things out again, I spoke up.
"You see, my memories just went back a while ago. I remembered how we became friends and... and... er... some things in JS Prom..?"

"I knew it!" He abruptly clasped my shoulders. "You're back to the old Myle!"

"Yeah... I'm still trying to suppress it though. My tongue's getting sharp."

"It's fine. So... about that Kyou Zeyern's ability, it's unbelievable up until now."

"I know that feeling." I nodded.

"I feel sad having no one to talk it to. I even had to hide it from you."

I just realized... Ever since the JS Prom, Lev didn't hang out that much with anyone except for me. Keeping a secret like that...

"Thank you, Lev..."

"It's a basic deed. I'm your first friend after all."

"What about your friends in high school..?"

"... Maybe I'm just not cut out to be in their group?" He smiled. It's not a painful one but a gentle one.

Perhaps he's contented with his current relationships...

"Hey, Lev, do you like someone?"

"..."

"I've asked you this before but I'm still curious."