Chapter 33: Abnormal Day

Myle's POV

After Kyou's departure, I continued sightseeing at night, reading random novels, studying on free hours... and going home alone.

Perfectly normal.

But Lev, he was... also the same. When he heard about Kyou, he looked down and just replied,
"... Is that so?"

Then after that,
"It's the two of us again." He smiled.

I don't know what's going on in his mind anymore.

We continued to walk in the hallway, on our way to the canteen. Class ended and I was unusually focused. Kyou's existence was at fault again.

"Are you depressed? You should've let him erase your memory again."

"I know you're joking but please stop it," I answered.

"... Right. Sorry."

He looked down again. Oh... This tongue of mine!

"No, wait. Er... A... I... I apologize!"

"Raise your head." Gosh. He smirked.

The Lev in front of me was not Lev. I mean, he's Lev but...

"... Something's wrong." This thought escaped my lips.

"Hm?"

I clasped both of his shoulders and stared at him straight.
"Lev, don't you have something to tell me?"

"... Nothing. Why?"

"You just took a pause! You definitely did!"

He averted his eyes.
"So what?"

"Well... you should tell me now. Do you hate me or am I bothering you in some ways? I'm quite sharp-tongued so..."

"Hm... No, you don't." He shoved my hands off his shoulders.

"Really?

He nodded.
"In fact, I like you."

"Oh... Eh? Wait. I forgot to clean my ears again." I tapped my pocket, pretending to look for cotton buds.

We stopped walking. I stared at the staircase, thinking that it would be fun to slide on its railings. The others did it last time, as far as I could remember.

I'm not ignoring Lev. I'm just admiring the staircase, yes.

"No, you heard it right." Lev held my chin and pulled it near his face.  "I like you... Myle."

The eyes of the students widened as they walked past us. Some females had to cover their red faces, more embarrassed than Lev who confessed in public.

Still...so out of nowhere!

I mean, I noticed his feelings before... but it's uncertain. His personality was usually unstable like: serious now, joker later... or vice versa.

Shall I ask what he really is?

... Never mind. Not with this mood.

He's still holding my chin. In movies, it's like the perfect timing for a kissing scene. I had to prepare my hand to cover my lips since I couldn't imagine doing it...

Yeah, I couldn't...

Argh..! Why did that man with an irritating smile who kept on targetting my forehead suddenly pop in my head?!

I feel hot. Is this what they call internal blush?

"... It's a joke, Myle. Forget it." He looked away.