Chapter 43: Bloom After Gloom

Myle's POV

Zack Zeyern— the name carved in this grave.

We knelt in front of him. Our chest felt heavy and Kyou... seemed to be out of breath already. His swollen eyes gazed at me. As I watched him like this, I immediately had the urge to hug him.

"Why..?" he kept asking himself.

I continued patting his back, letting him cry out. It's painful to admit but... at the moment, it was the only thing that I could do for him...

Seeing how his mother survived for the past years, we clung to the hope that his father also did. Even though I don't have mindreading abilities, I could tell how hard it was for Kyou...

"My mom, she couldn't remember me... And now, my dad... I couldn't even see his face for the last time..." He tightened his hug. "Miss Arjera... What should I do..?"

"Life... really is cruel sometimes." I brushed his hair as I spoke. "Just with a short period of happiness, a problem would come next. Still, we have to move forward. Let's do what we think will make Mr. Zeyern happy..."

"Miss Arjera..."

Suddenly, the footsteps crunching the leaves caught our attention.

As we turned around, a man spoke.
"Ah? Are you perhaps... Zack's kids?"

I and Kyou glanced at each other with confusion.

"May I ask who you are?" Kyou stepped forward, stretching his left hand to block me. He was like... protecting me.

"Oh, sorry for the late introduction. I'm Zack Zeyern's manager, Claude Magus."

He gave us his business card. It's hard to trust people these days but... it seemed like he knew many things about Kyou's father.

"Kyou..."

"Miss Arjera, let's hear him out."

"... All right."

Mr. Claude sighed with relief. "I thank thee."

For a second, I went silent and blinked. There were millions of happenings that I didn't even notice it.

So I asked,
"Mr. Claude Magus... Perhaps, you have twin children?"

"Oh? Yeah, I have Eris and Claus! Do you know them?"

That's exactly their names! From the moment he said 'thee', he already reminded me of Claus.

"We're friends..."

"Woah! What a small world!"

"I-Indeed..."

He might be trusted then... Wondering if Kyou believes so too, I glanced at him. He gave me a gentle smile... then nodded.

"I'm Kyou Zeyern, his son, and this is my girlfriend, Myle Arjera. Mr. Claude, please tell me more about my dad."

We walked around, looking for a place to sit. A tree nearby had a shade which was the right area to have a conversation. The three of us sat down.

"Zack— he's an actor. Are you aware, Mr. Kyou?"

"N-no..."

"When he went to our agency for an audition, his acting skills were natural. He caught my eye so I requested to be his manager."

Whoa... That makes sense why Zou and Kyou were so good at acting. They got it from their father.

"For some reason, he stared at me intensely, making me uncomfortable."