Chapter 12: The Arsonist

Myle's POV

With her straightened back and relaxed shoulder, swinging her arms slightly, she walked with confidence as if she was a model.

That was their first impression of her, being captivated. However, she was too suspicious...

She grabbed the chalk on the table. "Well then.., shall I teach y'all a lesson?"

I hoped that I was mistaken...

With her familiar voice and aura, I needed to be wary. Even if she appeared to be great in teaching, I won't acknowledge her if it was proven that... she's the arsonist.

2 months had passed and our school recruited teachers. So, I couldn't believe that I was doubting one of them.

She introduced herself as 'Ma'am Carsel'. Close to Kana Rinsel that added to my suspicions.

"A'right! Please exchange notebooks n' check your seatmate's answers! Here's the answer key."

The answers were written on the board. After putting a score on my classmate's answers, we returned our notebooks.

"6 out of 10. That's not your usual score..." Lev said, sticking out his head just to peek at my score.

I sighed. "Every student has their bad day." I closed the notebook then slammed it into my bag.

"That's all for today. Goodbye class!"

"It's time to move..."

"Move?"

"O-Oh! Er..." I unconsciously glanced to my left and right, forgetting that Lev's ears were on me. "Move! I'm... off to the canteen!"

I rushed to the hallway then slowed down when my eyes caught her. Luckily, there was a wallet in my pocket so I acted like I was counting my money. I hoped she won't realize that I was shadowing her.

She stopped for a second but, of course, I didn't. I only slowed down. She looked back so I needed to act natural.

"Woah... I feel like a spy."

After a few minutes of tailing, we would arrive at the faculty first before the canteen.

I only opened my wallet but I didn't pay much attention. I stopped for a moment then blinked once just to make sure.

"My precious money..." I was fighting back my tears since I didn't want to be emotional in a weird situation.

First, my suspicions with Ma'am Carsel. Now, my lunch for later. I wondered how did it had become like this...

"Any troubles, young lady?"

Before I knew it, she was already in front of me. I couldn't speak. My hands were trembling. I was losing grip on my wallet until I realized something.

I didn't want to burden them...

Continuing my act, I used the tears that my eyes had been holding off. "It flew... like a bird, like a plane... It's gone!!" I knelt, gaining her pity.

"Somethin' wrong?" She also knelt and held my hand.

If she was innocent, I would let my conscience attack me. If not, this would be a battle of acting.

She saw my empty wallet so she pulled me to stand up. "Come with me."

I followed her until we reached the faculty. She let me sit in her chair then left.