Prologue

The King of Alguna was betrayed not only by his trusted people but also by his beloved wife eighteen centuries ago.

"Fear not, my people! Even with my eyes closed, washing dishes is possible!" he proclaimed with a knife stabbed in his eyes, so the laughter of the aristocrats and commoners echoed throughout the palace.

At that moment, the kingdom he trusted the most labeled him as...

"The Blind Ruler."

"Believe it or not, they are making a fool out of Your Majesty!" said the queen, who failed to persuade her husband.

It had been like that ever since the king decided to hold a banquet for commoners. When he finally reached his wit's end, he shouted, "Felia! I will not allow such a nonsensical insult to my people!"

Queen Felia slammed the wall near the window. "Those scoundrels are not your people! So please just cancel it!"

He hoped to let them enjoy an elegant banquet that they never had in their whole life. The queen approved it since she once belonged to them, but for an unknown reason, she had a change of heart overnight.

And that was when their quarrel began.

The night that she never waited for had finally come. All eyes were locked on Queen Felia, together with her husband, as they sat on their throne. The queen frowned at him as he smiled like a doting father to his people.

Aristocrats or commoners, they both sniffed the aroma spreading throughout the palace. It became certain that no one could resist luxurious foods!

After a few hours, a mere commoner kid walked towards them and said, "Hey, King! Help us here! You held this banquet for us, right?"

The king was about to leave his throne when his wife grabbed his wrist. Shaking his head, he pulled his arm away from her.

"Have faith in them . . ." he whispered.

The queen bit her lower lip as their distance widened. After waiting for three hours, she tried to find him, for he had not returned yet.

"That fool, the banquet was about to end. Where in the-?" She covered her mouth, dazed by her handsome husband in an apron. Gaining her senses, she slapped herself. "R-Ridiculous! I have no time for this!"

Looking again, she could only see a dumb king who's baking cookies, carrying boxes, and washing dishes. She approached him and cleared her throat. "Eherm. I'm afraid, the people wished for Your Majesty to return."

"Oh, thanks for the reminder." He waved his hands as they departed from the kitchen. The commoners giggled, satisfied by fooling their own King.

Sitting on their throne again, the king doubted Queen Felia's words. His people were focused on different things- chatters with friends, foods on the large table, and the sight of the night sky.

Silently watching the surroundings, he abruptly leaned on his seat when the queen pulled out a knife. "Stay there, Your Majesty."

"Please explain the reason behind your actions."

"I have nothing to say . . ."