Chapter 15: Revelations

Myle's POV

Below the night sky, my left shoulder held the weight of Kyou's head as we chat on a bench.

"Miss Arjera, why are you still awake at this hour?" he asked softly.

"Er..."

I suddenly woke up from a dream wherein my life was 50-50 because I got caught in an explosion and ran into Kyou, hugging him, but he pushed me away so I died.

Not that I could tell him that...

"I had a pleasant dream. When I woke up, I noticed that it was still dark so I opened the window then saw you."

"But you didn't have to follow me..."

"Ah, because..."

His eyes looked swollen and that worried me so I hurriedly locked the window, changed my clothes, and tipped-toed to avoid waking my family until I found myself running towards him.

It's embarrassing to say that though...

So I laughed it off. "A-ahahah! Why are you also awake anyway?"

"Well..," My smile vanished when I noticed his weakened voice. "I dreamed of my mother."

Hearing his answer made my head tilt, leaning on his head. "Kyou, you already asked me this yesterday... Do you want to cry..?"

He pulled his head away from my shoulder and was in a daze. I knew he didn't expect that question from me.

After a few seconds, he answered, "Ahahahah... Of course, Miss Arjera, but not in front of you."

It was the same as my response. He had a knack for answering back and making me speechless.

"Thanks to you, I feel better now..." He stretched his arm letting a yawn out.

"T-That was fast!"

As the sun slowly rose, our gazes were fixed on each other until he asked, "Do you want me to lean on you more?"

Although he showed a teasing smile, I couldn't answer back. I probably just wanted to be useful again but I guess that wasn't the case. I realized that my feelings were different this time.

On the day where I encountered an explosion, I froze as the noise from screams and footsteps echoed throughout the mall. I almost lost hope that I didn't have time to think of jokes about my last will or testament.

"Boom." That one whisper of hers just kept replaying on my mind.

The timing was too perfect that anyone would recognize Ma'am Carsel as a suspect.

"Miss Arjera!"

I realized that my shoulders were being shaken by someone. However, I still didn't move an inch. My gaze was fixed on the flares that slowly scattered through the building.

He kept on pulling my arm but it felt like my feet were glued to the ground.

"Sorry, Miss Arjera, but I got no other choice..." My upper body was squished as he grabbed my right arm, standing by my left side. From other's perspectives, it looked like he was hugging me...

A slight touch I felt on the back of my knees made me shiver. I admit that it was weird but my senses came back in that way.

I was about to slap his hand when he suddenly lifted me. "Er... Why the princess carry?"

He started to run. "Miss Arjera!"

"A-ahahah... Yoohoo..?" I waved my hand, meaning that I had returned. "You know I dislike being touched in the forehead, what more on my knees?"