Chapter 29: Family

Myle's POV

I want to stop trying too hard... I don't want them to see me as a tyrant! ... You finally cried, Myle... Yes, I can read your mind... Go ahead, erase it! ... My Miss Arjera's sulking... In any case, even without our memories, we're friends at heart...

Memories flashed just like a loud clap of thunder. Voices... ringed to my ears as if they had no end...

It hurts...

Even though my questions before were already answered, it's very hard to swallow them all...

... The slideshow of memories had finally come to its end. My darkened surroundings slowly lightened up as if I was in a movie theatre. The blurry scenery also began to become clear and my senses were gradually returning to me.

"Myle!"

"Hey, what are you doing? Hurry up and call the doctor!"

"Thou shalt lend me thy cash first. I have no load." 

"Ugh! Useless being!"

My eyes narrowed. Right after snapping back to reality, I didn't expect that their noises and chaos would welcome me. I scanned my surroundings and noticed that I was still in the same position. I thought they would carry me to the infirmary...

Blinking with deep thoughts, I gasped.
"What time is it?!"

"..."

They all stared at me with blank faces. After a few seconds, their eyes widened together with their mouth that was about to scream.

"MYLE!" they shouted in unison that I had to cover my ears. Kyou was not with them...

Running towards me, I suddenly received their hugs. But before anything else, I repeated my question, "Er... What time is it?"

"... I don't have my watch but it's still lunchtime," Lev answered.

Lev..? ... Wait! If my memories were real, that means... he's aware of his ability! But why was it in my memory? It should be Kyou's...

"... Where in the heck is Kyou?!" I asked.

Eh..? I combined my usual dialogue! My memories were all over the place, I didn't know how I should act!

"Look at your left," Lev directed, pointing there with his lips.

Glancing to my left, I just realized that his hands were grabbing my cloak. I caress his hair as I gaze at his face and... Pfft... He's now a real sleepy dwarf.

"How many minutes have passed?"

"Hm... 10 minutes?"

Only 10 minutes for recalling that long memory? No wonder I was in the same position when I came back.

"Kyou..."

"Yes, Miss Arjera?"

"..."

I blinked, glancing to my left and right, then looked back to him. His eyes, behind his glasses, were closed. But I was certain that his lips moved.
"You're awake, aren't you?"

"Yes."

"Are you enjoying this?"

"Yes."

"..." I suddenly had the urge to push him off the bench. But I mustn't, 'cause it's bad.

"You should have talked when you were awake." I let go of his hair and sighed. "Your voice was the first that I wanted to hear..."

I only whispered that, pulling down my hood to cover my face.