Chapter 20: Misunderstanding

Kyou's POV

The hands of a man in black were tied with a rope. Using the stairs, we climbed back to the fourth floor. People would stare after all if we brought a tied-up guy in an elevator with duct tape on his mouth.

Going back to our seats, Miss Arjera halted as the white-haired girl sat on her chair. Her twin on the other hand grabbed my chair and gave it to Miss Arjera. Well, that's what I planned to do... He beat me to it.

"Yo, I am Eris! Hey, Claus, say something!" She slapped her brother's back that made him stepped forward.

He closed-opened his mouth three times, hesitating to answer. "Hello there..."

"Ahahahah... You're Claus, right? Thanks for the chair." Miss Arjera broke the silence.

"Thou art welcome..." But he fixed the silence back! So we're back to staring at each other.

As I stood beside Miss Arjera, she pulled my uniform, so I glanced at her. She whispered, "Kyou, you can take my seat."

"I'm alright, Miss Arjera," I replied, patting her head. Making use of the silence, I removed my glasses and peeked at the twin's thoughts.

'Should I just stand after all? I had no idea it's Myle's! But my pride won't allow it!!! What should I-' The flow of her thoughts stopped when my uniform was pulled again. It's harder this time.

"Come with me." She stood up and dragged me to the stairs where no one could see nor hear us. Wearing my eyeglasses back, she asked, "What are you doing?"

"What am I . . . You mean when I used my ability?"

"That's right, you wouldn't want your eye to bleed, right?"

"Yeah, but mind-reading kind of became my habit before trusting someone..," I answered, making her eyebrows frowned- not from anger but sadness.

She turned her back on me, so I couldn't see her expression anymore. As our distance grew, she said, "If that's how you trusted me.., then it's fine."

"No, I-"

Looking back, she showed a painful smile. "I'm sorry... for making you read my thoughts earlier."

Our conversation ended with me, who couldn't decide my reply to her. I almost denied her words until it made me think twice.

My actions were always based on her thoughts so the trust that I had given didn't seem real now. If the ability wasn't passed to me, would I still have trusted her..?

The only answers that came to me were negatives... which stabs my heart whenever I recall that...

"Kyou Zeyern, what happened between you and Myle..?" A question suddenly brought back my senses. After Miss Arjera left, I didn't notice that Lev Vande followed us here. "You know, she's whacking her head when she returned. Did you confess?"

"I wish I could..." I answered, walking past him, showing the same painful smile that she had.

Returning to our table, Eris was standing while Miss Arjera was on her chair already. Claus, on the other hand, was sitting in my place. When he turned his head at his back, he asked,
"Kyou, didst Myle reject thee?"

All our attention was fixed on him because of his direct question. It's the same with Lev before! Where did they get the idea that I confessed?

"W-Wait, Claus! I didn't reject him!"

"Makes sense." He nodded. "Thou art embarrassed for thy fresh relationship. Still, thou must not hurt thyself."

Miss Arjera placed her hands on his shoulder then shook it. "We're not dating!"