Take Me Back to the Start

Hellooo

Thanks to the bae for reading this before I put it up!!

Disclaimer: This isn't the end of my one shots & drabbles. I just thought we should concider what would happen if any of the characters died.

So, I'm in free period at school, & well I wanted to write something for you guys. it's pretty dark so..

#majorcharacterdeath *ahem*

-Amanda xx

-:-

"Deeks? Deeks please don't do this. Please." Kensi says with tears stinging her eyes.

"Keep your head up, Fern," Deeks sighs, "if you don't, your crown will fall."

-:-

It's a misty, cloudy day in Los Angeles, California. The NCIS team has been working all day on a very tough case. It is currently midnight, and they haven't been debriefed.

Kensi and Deeks are staking out a restaurant with a drug cartel being manned there. They were waiting for action.

"Hey, Deeks?" Kensi asks.

"Hmm?" Deeks hums.

"You know that I love you, right?" She says.

"Of course I do, I love you, too," Deeks furrows his eyebrows, "Where did that come from, Kens?"

Kensi sighs, "Nowhere... Can't a girlfriend tell her boyfriend how much she loves him?"

"Of course... but you never actually say it first." Deeks takes her hand.

"I don't know.. I guess I just wanted to reassure you." Kensi shows a ghost of a smile.

"Well concider me reassured, because I love you, too, okay?" Deeks says, and kisses her forehead.

"I know." She looks at her hands. Suddenly, she hears gun shots coming from the restaurant.

"You have your vest on, right?" Deeks asks, putting his on.

"Yeah, but don't rely on the vest very much, remember that those new bullets are designed to surpass the vest." Kensi says slamming the car door, "Sam, Callen, I think we're going to need backup." She says through the wig.

"Copy that. We're about twenty five minutes out." Sam answers.

Deeks shoots Kensi a look, "We'll have to go in hot."

Kensi sighs, realizing that what he said is true, "Alright. Be careful."

"Kensi. I'll be fine... What's this about? Do you think something's going to happen?" Deeks grabs her face in his hands.

"N-no. I know, I just wanted to say it." Kensi says, and kisses him, "Let's go."

"Sam, Callen, how long?" Deeks whispers into the wig.

"Twenty. There's a lot of traffic." Callen answers.

"Shit." Kensi curses under her breath, hearing the gunshots, "We can't wait any longer."

Deeks opens the back door quietly, and walks in, Kensi following him. They split up to cover more ground.

"They're in the back. I can hear them," Kensi whispers into the com, "I'll go first."

"No, I'll do it," Deeks argues, "Cover me."

Kensi is about to protest, but he's already started taking shots at the men in the cartel. Once she steps foot into the room, al of the men were dead on the floor.

"I'm impressed." Kensi teases, walking toward him.

"Yeah? You're a really funny-" Deeks stops talking and screams, "Kensi!"

Before Kensi could react, Deeks pushes her out of the way of a bullet that instead of burrying itself in Kensi's back, it makes a hole in Deeks's chest.

"Deeks?" Kensi coughs, getting up from the ground.

She furrows her eyebrows at the sight of her partner.. her boyfriend, on the ground, not moving, her heart is going a million paces per minute, she sits next to his motionless body, "D-Deeks?"

"F-Fern." He pulls a small smile.

"We-We need an ambulance, it's Deeks. Hurry, please." Kensi cries through the com.

"Kens, no." Deeks breathes.

"Why not? You-You can't just give up on me, Deeks." She puts pressure on his chest.

"Damn vests.. th-they don't work." Deeks chuckles, "I love you." His eyes begin closing.

"Deeks? Deeks please don't do this. Please." Kensi says with tears stinging her eyes, hearing the roar of sirens in the distance.

"Keep your head up, Fern," Deeks sighs, "if you don't, your crown will fall."

"Deeks, no. Deeks." Her eyes are pouring tears now.

No response.

"Deeks." She whispers inaudibly.

Suddenly, she hears the door of the restaurant open, Sam and Callen walking through them.

"Kens." Callen starts.

"Don't, don't tell me it's going to be okay, because I know it won't." Kensi says, trembling.

"We won't. That would be insensitive. We just want you to know that we're here." Sam says.

"Stop sobbing, Fern. Get up, and live your life as if you were here to take me back. I love you." Kensi hears a voice, Deeks's voice, in her head.

She places a kiss to his forehead, gets up, and walks out of the restaurant, tears still stinging her eyes.

Oh, take me back to the start....