I Spy

Hello hi.

I'm going to need serious help promoting this story because everyone who used to read this probably deleted this from their library because they thought I fell off the face of the earth, which is so so so understandable, but yeah, help?

Oh and warning for language :)

-Amanda

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"But, you're fifteen." Deeks gaped.

"And?" The teen scoffed.

"Watch that tone, Melissa Jane." Kensi said sternly from the couch.

Deeks walked up to his daughter, "Just the movies?"

Melissa rolled her eyes, "Just the movies, maybe McDonalds after."

"McDonalds," Deeks scoffed, "Even I had more class for our first date." Then he looked at their daughter again, "It's a no from me, kid."

"Dad, you're so dramatic." Melissa groaned, "Mom, come on. I'll make sure I'm back before ten."

Kensi sighed, "Alright. Yeah, you can go."

The dirty-blonde teen squealed and hugged her mom before running off to her room, "Agh! Thank you, mom!"

"Kensalina, come on. We haven't even met the guy and for all we know he could be a thug." Deeks hissed.

"Do you really think I would just let her go?"

"Isn't that, uh, exactly what you just... did?" 

Kensi shook her head, "We're agents... we should use it."

Deeks had his brows furrowed as he scratched his beard and ruffled his hair as he processed his wife's words. A smile slowly crept onto his face as he realized what she was suggesting, "I literally find ways to love you more everyday. Who'da thunk it?"

"Shut up." She snorted and pulled him down for a kiss. His hands trailed down to her hips and she smiled into the make-out. Just as it was beginning to get heated, their daughter called out for Kensi with a loud, "Mom!!"

"Just for two minutes, I'd like for her not to scream my name. Just two." Kensi moaned as she got up from the couch and went to her daughter's room.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Shaggy here, any sign of the target? Over."

"Marty, why are you using the talkies, we're literally a foot away from each other."

"That, uh, that makes a shït ton amount of sense. Over and out."

"You're so anno- Oh my God, they're right there, look." Kensi said, pointing at the pair.

"They're so awkward, wow. Is that how couples act?" Deeks gaped, "He's not even touching her and they're like ten feet away from each other."

Kensi slumped agains their car's bumper, "Would you want them to be touching?"

"I mean, no, uh, but, it would add to the-the suspense."

"Suspense? Deeks, what-"

"Kensi, look at them. She's not even letting him pay."

"That's my girl."

"But he's supposed to not let her pay. He's not a gentleman. He's not the guy for our girl. No. I'm stopping this. I don't agree with this relation-"

"Deeks, baby, chill out. It's her first date, and probably his too. They don't know what's right or wrong yet. Cut him some slack." She said in a hushed tone as she caressed his cheek, "It's hard to watch, I know, but we have to let her go sometime, right?"

Deeks sighed, leaning into his wife's hand, "Yeah, right, okay, yeah."

"Good," She smiled, "Now, since we're here, do you feel like catching a movie?"

"I guess it, uh, wouldn't hurt."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Why are you eating and why didn't you buy me anything?"

"My stomach was wailing, I'm sorry." Deeks whispered into the walkie talkie, "I'll run over and give you my fries?"

"No, no, just, like, throw them. I think I can catch them."

"Kensi. I'm sorry, but I don't believe you." He said, making eye contact.

"Deeks, come on. Throw them." 

"Fine, but if she catches us, it's on you." He said, throwing the paper bag containing a large thing of fries. It flies across the booth and noisily falls on Kensi's table.

"What are you guys doing here?" Melissa approached them and whisper-shouted.

"Ah, mom and I were, uh, on a, uh, date? We were on a date. Here. At McDonalds. Mc-McDizzle's... Mickey, uh, Mickey D's." Deeks stuttered, rushing over to Kensi and grabbing her hand.

Kensi glared up at him, then smiled, "Like we do all the time."

Melissa scoffed, "Yeah, 'cause McDonalds is definitely a place for a married couple to have date night."

Deeks struggled to find the words he wanted to use so he finally said, "Who the fück are you to judge huh?" Kensi elbowed him in the chest, while Melissa's jaw dropped for a split second.

"I can't believe you would go through such lengths to embarrass me... I'm lucky he's in the ordering and there's a long ass line right now." Melissa rubbed her face.

"Language." Deeks warned. Melissa nodded quietly.

"Mel, you can't blame us for wanting to check up on you. People can be sick nowadays. The environment we're raising you in is screwed up compared to the one we were raised in." Kensi sighed.

"We just wanted to know you were okay, kiddo." Deeks said, poking her belly, making her smile a bit.

"I can't believe you guys work as agents, but couldn't get away with spying on your own daughter."

"Hey, in your mom's defense, she was hungry."

"I was." Kensi said, biting into a fry.

"Okay, so... Can you guys leave?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah." Deeks nodded, "Just be home by nine thirty."

"I thought you said ten!" Melissa argued.

"Uh, no! No, we didn't!" The father responded, pulling Kensi with him.

"Yes, you did!"

"I can't hear you, you're cutting up!" He said, rushing out.

"We're raising a good one, right?"

"I damn well hope we are."