Examination

This is a bit after Fighting Shadows!

It may seem a little hunger games/divergent-esk to you, that was the intention lol

just wanted to try something different!

-Amanda

-:-

"You will all be going through partner examination. There are two different sims with two different scenarios. One is in the gym, the other in the basement. Agents from this facility will be participating. There will be cameras. You will have to save a hostage. At the end of the sim, the door will open, and that's it. You will be using special blanks that simulate the pain of a real gun shot, if there are more than five shots to your person, you will be temporarily knocked out. These blanks will be supplied at the start of the similator," Granger shows the blanks that will be supplied, "You must prove that you can work under awful conditions, including if it means compromising your partner's life. This will prove whether or not you and your partner are apt to work with each other no matter the circumstance," Granger sighs, "Any questions?"

Kensi, Deeks, Sam and Callen shake their heads.

"Good." Hetty speaks up for the first time since they met up, "The sims will start up in a few minutes, get ready, and talk up a strategy with your partner."

Kensi pulls Deeks aside, "Do you think this is because of us?"

"You think? They brought in simulators, Kens.. I don't think they did this because of us..." Deeks sighs, and pauses, "They did this because of us."

"Yeah, figures," Kensi sighs, and starts cleaning her guns, "Just-Just be careful, okay?"

"That goes to you, too." Deeks carefully takes her hand.

"The sim is prepared, start preparing." Granger says, directing them to the gym.

"Don't do anything stupid, Deeks." Sam warns, as he walked down to the basement with Callen.

Deeks furrows his eyebrows, and sighs realizing what he meant. He just stood quiet, hanging his sniper on his chest.

"You good?" Kensi asks.

"Great," Deeks lies, "How about you?"

Kensi just nods.

"Please, step in. Your simulation will begin in twenty seconds." A computerized voice says.

Kensi and Deeks step into the gym, and some doors are shut behind them. They look at each other as the voice counted down. The loaded their snipers and guns.

"You may begin." The voice says.

Kensi advances through the narrow hall, so that Deeks can keep an eye on her as they go. Suddenly a shot was fired, but it missed them, and Deeks shot the man on the leg.

"It's way dark in here." Deeks whispers, "I can barely see you.

"Shut up, Deeks." Kensi chuckles.

Deeks smiles and keeps walking, looking around. Suddenly, he hears many shots and a thump in front of him, and he stops, getting a glimpse of the fake blood surrounding Kensi. Then a piercing scream is heard.

"Kensi, are you with me?" Deeks calls, and bites his lip, still walking toward the scream.

"You're going to be okay, Kens!" He keeps walking and opens a door with a woman and a masked man holding a gun to the hostage's head.

"Drop it." Deeks shouts, and the man shoots, but Deeks dodges the blank, and shoots the man back, making him fall to the ground, and let go of the hostage.

"Let's get you out of here, yeah?" Deeks carefully pulls off the tape on the hostage's mouth and the exit door opens.

Deeks finds Hetty and Granger in the weaponry, "Is it okay if I go back for her?"

Hetty nods, "You proved that you can work under disastrous circumstances, Mister Deeks, even when in a relationship with a collegue. Go."

Deeks nods courteously, and walks back in, picks up Kensi, bridal style, and walks out, laying her on the table next to Hetty and Granger.

"How long will she be out?" Deeks asks.

"Five more minutes, Detective Deeks." Granger says, "We'll leave you two alone.."

Deeks waited for Kensi to open her eyes, and she finally did.

"There's a shooter there, be careful." Kensi jokes weakly.

Deeks laughs, "You okay?"

"Yeah, no, I'm okay. I'm just a bit sore," Kensi reassuringly holds his hand, "Did you make it or did you stop for me?"

"I made it, asked if I could go back for you, and here we are." Deeks smiles.

"So we passed?"

"Not only that, but Hetty said that we proved ourselves." Deeks says.

Kensi breathes a sigh of relief, and smiles, "So we can.. keep doing this?"

"Yup." Deeks kisses her head.

"We totally got this." Kensi laughs, brushing Deeks's hair out of his face.

"Don't we always?"