Working On It

Enjoy this last part !

-Amanda

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Five months later...

Kensi was sitting at her desk doing some paper work. She was sitting in an awkward position; her torso was pointing to her right, her computer was resting on her belly, and she was trying to reach the paperwork on her desk without letting her laptop fall.

"If you needed help, you could've just asked." Callen joked, giving her the paperwork she was reaching for.

Kensi glared at him, "Has anyone ever told you not to make fun of a pregnant lady?"

"No, not really, but it's fun." He shot back.

Kensi made a face at him just as Sam and Deeks were walking in to the bullpen.

"G, would you just leave her alone. She'll probably pounce and you won't be able to do anything about it." Sam chuckled.

Deeks nodded in agreement, "Just last night, I said she reminded me of a turtle because of how she couldn't get up from the bed and she almost smothered me with a pillow."

Kensi smiled proudly, "It shut him up."

"Yeah, almost permanently." Deeks whined.

"Baby, stop being dramatic, your lips weren't even purple yet." Kensi joked.

"I don't even know what to respond to that." Deeks muttered jokingly and went over to her to press a kiss to her temple. Then, sat down at his own desk.

"At least I don't hear her asking for food every five minutes, then changing her mind about what she wants to eat two seconds later." Sam shook his head, referring to Michelle, "I'd give anything for her to kick my ass for saying that."

Deeks pursed his lips, and to lighten up the mood, he said, "I'm sure she'll find a way, Sam."

"Ass." Sam said jokingly.

"Speaking of food... I'm going to tell Nell to heat up my food." Kensi smiled, putting down her laptop and closing it. She grabbed her phone and texted Nell.

Kensi: Gimme my food. Make it snappy.

Nell: Yes, your majesty.

Kensi chuckled at her phone, and slowly stood up and made her way to the coffee machine.

"Uh, where do you think you're going?" Deeks asked.

"I'm going to get some coffee." Kensi replied as-a-matter-of-factly.

Deeks shook his head, "Not under my watch, you won't."

"Excuse me?"

"You already had coffee once today, and if you have too much of it, it could compromise the baby." Deeks replied simply.

"I agree, look at what it did to Deeks." Sam joked.

"He jokes." Deeks replied in mock sarcasm.

Kensi rolled her eyes, and just as she was about to respond, Nell arrived with Kensi's reheated tacos.