Possessive

"Shaggy, hi."

"Who's this?"

"I'm oh so offended that you don't know who you're talking to, partner."

Deeks laughs, "Talia?"

He doesn't notice the way that Kensi's head snaps toward where he's standing

"As you live and breathe."

"I don't think that that's how the expression goes, but okay," Deeks laughs again, "how are you?"

"I'm doing great. You?"

Deeks looks over to Kensi watching TV, "I'm really good."

"Well, Deeks-a-rooney, I'm calling to see if you wanted to go somewhere to catch up. I also have some things to ask you, and they have to do with our little pussy cat, Kensi, so she wouldn't be able to come. Sound good?"

He nods, but then remembers that he's on the phone, "Yeah, yeah. That sounds great. When?"

Kensi looks over again.

"I was thinking today? At four at Jamba Juice downtown, maybe? If you aren't busy, that is."

"Alright, yeah. I'll, uh, see you then."

"Okay, alright. Bye."

"Bye." He hangs up.

Deeks sits back down on the couch, and pulls Kensi into his chest.

"So, um.. Talia?" Her voice cracks, not from wanting to cry, but from jealousy, although she doesn't want to admit it.

"She wanted to catch up today at four. Wanted to tell me a couple of things about her new position."

"She usually calls me for all of that." Kensi sits up.

Deeks shrugged, "Uh, well, maybe she wanted a change of scenery?"

"Hmm, maybe..." She ponders, "Can I go?"

"She seemed to only, uh, want to talk to me about what was going on."

"Oh.. Alright."

"Alright?" Deeks looked at her, and made a face.

"Alright."

"... All right."

"Okay."

"Can we stop this?"

"Yes, please."

"So, I'm going to go throw on some pants, and I'm going to head off."

"Okay. Please call me so I know you got there."

"I will Kens."

-:-

"Okay, so, her birthday is in about a week, right?" Talia asks once they've ordered their drinks.

"Yeah, Wednesday. Are you cooking up a surprise?"

"I was thinking of you asking Hetty about using OSP for the party after you wrap up your mission if you have any. Just a small gathering."

"That sounds good. She'll like it because it's small. I like it," Deeks smiles. Then it drops, and he looks around, "She's here."

"What? How did you-"

"I know it. I'm getting the vibe."

"The vibe?" She laughs.

"The vibe, yes. It happens when you're fully invested in a relationship." Deeks says, squinting

"Is she usually in an Audi?"

"That's her carro."

"Oh my, we're going to have fun with this." Talia laughs.

"Talia, no. Stay." Deeks says, speaking to her as if she were a dog.

"Fine, jeez. We can text each other later on about it." Talia laughs, "It was good to see you, Deeks." She pulled him in for a hug.

He hugged her back, "It was. And please make a group chat thing. I'll probably forget to tell the others."

"Deal. I'll see you soon." They both walk toward their cars individually, and once Deeks is in his, he drives up to Kensi's Audi and looks into it.

"Hi, babe." Deeks smirks at her, and she jumps in surprise.

"Damn it, Deeks."

"Fancy seeing you here." He laughs.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure she didn't pull anything."

"So I'm assuming you heard us, and you bugged me somehow?"

"I- what? No, Never! What?" Kensi said defensively.

"You're a terrible liar."

"Ugh, I know. I'm sorry..."

"Don't worry. Just, don't tell her that you know."

"I won't. And I'm still sorry."

"And I still love you."

"Glad that hasn't changed."

"So..."

"I love you too."