Throwback- Part 1

2010

"Can you just ever shut up, Deeks?" Kensi complains.

"I can," Deeks says, "But I choose not to."

"You're such an ass."

"Thank you very much. I appreciate it." He takes a swig of his beer.

"That wasn't a compliment." She rolls her eyes.

"But I took it as one," He winks drunkily, "If you don't want to be here with me, you can just go chat up some of those guys over there, Fern, you don't have to stay here."

"Good. I'll be over there, with that sexy piece of man." Kensi chuckles, taking a swig of the beer in her hand.

"Have-Have fun." Deeks yells a bit after she'd walked away.

He looks around for someone he could hit on and finds a blonde with huge boobs.

"Hey there, pretty lady." Deeks flirts.

"Hey, yourself." The girl slurs.

"You wanna get out of here?" Deeks asks.

The blonde twirls her blonde her around her finger, "No, not yet. I just kind of want to make out here for a while, yeah?"

"Hmm, I don't mind." Deeks smirks and presses his lips to the stranger's hard.

Kensi, still flirting up the guy on the other side of the bar, sneaks a peek at Deeks, and her eyes widen at the sight. She leaves the man with the word on his tongue, trudging over to the make out session.

"We're leaving." Kensi pulls him by the ear and leads him outside.

"What was that?" Deeks huffs.

"You were about to reach that girl's heart with your perverted tongue." Kensi slurs.

"What? Is Fern jealous?" Deeks laughs.

"Me? No. Why would I be jealous of that- that child you were making out with?" Kensi scoffs.

"Just admit it, Kensi. You want a piece of this steak." He points at his body.

"I'm so going to regret this in the morning." Kensi says to herself, and presses her lips to Deeks's.

Deeks turns serious for a moment, "I-Kensi. We shouldn't do this today, unless you really want to. I can't take advantage of you."

"I'm lucid and sober enough to know what's happening, Deeks. I'm tipsy, but I'm coherent," Kensi says sternly, "Now, take me home."

"We came here in cabs." Deeks says finally, after looking everywhere for his or her car.

"Oh well. We'll catch another one." Kensi chirps.

-:-

2010

"Why wouldn't you tell me something like this? Why would you keep this from me, Kens?"

"Because it's painful to relive, Deeks. I didn't tell you because no one knew, and I would've wanted to keep it that way, but that stupid, ass bastard had to come, and get me all emotional, and vulnerable.. vulnerable enough to relate and get it out of me." Kensi says, her tears about to spill out.

Deeks sits next to her, and rubs her back, "You want to talk about it?"

"No. It's best if I don't." Kensi sighs.

"I'm here for you, Kens," Deeks moves her face so that she can look at him, "And for the record, Jack doesn't know what he's missing." He gets up and leaves the boatshed.