Nothing Will Change That, Kens (Part 3)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

So, my mom thought it was a good idea for me to finish this three shot up before New Year over here.. so yeah, here I am!

This one's a bit short, I'm sorry about that.. but I hope you've enjoyed this little three shot!

The picture has nothing to do with the story, but i just fangirled so hard lol

Enjoy!

-Amanda xoox

-:-

At the hospital, Kensi sits in the waiting area near the operation room with a large cup of coffee, the only thing keeping her going. When they'd gotten there, Deeks's hand had been ripped away from hers, as they rushed him into ICU. The doctor says he might relapse into PTSD for obvious reasons, and he has drugs in his system due to an injection that was given to him which will have him knocked out. His wounds are pretty severe.. Stitches to his left cheek, broken ribs that punctured his lungs giving him shortened breaths, and the doctor thinks there may be mental damage due to the Chinese Water Torture... He said he'll live.

It's been a day, and no further news from the doctor..

"Kens?" Nell rubs Kensi's shoulder.

Kensi looks at Nell, not saying a word, "I think you should go home.. and get some sleep.. you look awful, no offense." Nell says.

Kensi shakes her head frantically, "N-no.. I want to be the first person he sees.. I want to be- I want him to know that, that I was here the whole time."

"He'll know, Kens, please... Coffee isn't going to keep you awake.."

"Yes it will, I just want- I just want to see him, Nell. He looked dead- He just.." Kensi interrupts herself by beginning to sob into Nell's shoulder.

Nell wraps her arms around the fragile figure in front of her, "He's going to be okay, he'll be fine." After that, all that was heard were her sobs.

-:-

"Family of Marty Deeks." The doctor calls, and the team stands up, "He's awake.. but one at a time please."

"Kensi should be the first.." Sam suggests, and everyone agrees.

"Thank you.." Kensi mutters to Sam, and walks to the hospital room.

She rushes to the door, and approaches his bed to grab his hand. Deeks is startled for a moment, making him jump before he realizes who it is.

"Deeks." Kensi breaths.

"Hey, Fern." Deeks sighs, and groans a little, "I'm so sorry."

Her eyes tear up, "For what? You did nothing to deserve this, you shouldn't be sorry.. it's that asshole that should be sorry."

Deeks flashes a toothless smiles, missing her remarks, but then his face turns serious, "I mean for not letting you know where I was.."

"It's not like you could..." Kensi sighs, running her fingers through his hair very carefully, "How are you feeling?"

"Sore.. Really, really sore. I can't feel half of my right cheek, my feet are numb... I don't think I can do this anymore..." Deeks begins crying.

"Baby, don't say that. You're so good at this. You can apply to be a full agent-"

"I can't. I'm not agent material. I'm just a cop. Nothing will change that, Kens.." Deeks says.

"It's the exact same thing you're doing now! You're great at it! Hetty hasn't looked for another person for the spot because you've got it! You just have to sign the papers."