evergreen and spring.

//

"Y'know, you're just like your name."

"What do you mean?"

"You crept into my life and now I'm covered in you, wrapped up in Ivy in every aspect of my life, m'surrounded by you."

//

"What attracted you to this company?"

You put out an advert for a receptionist and I need a job that isn't being a waitress anymore...

Because honestly, I didn't have a fucking clue about Harry Styles and his company.

I didn't even know what the man looked like.

I swallowed as Rebecca's cold brown eyes gazed at me across the desk, was she always this serious and mean? Did I even want this job if she was?

That was a stupid question, of course, I did.

I'd do anything to get out of the repetitive job cycle that was retail and into an actual Monday to Friday nine to five job.

"Jesus Christ! Rebecca tell me why I've had to come downstairs myself to meet my one o'clock meeting and why the phones have been ringing out several times?"

I jumped as the door was thrown open and a very angry looking suit-wearing man appeared in the doorway, his eyes hard and narrowed as they focused on Rebecca and I shifted in my seat. I didn't know who he was but he was attractive.

And scary.

"Mr Styles, I'm sorry—"

"I don't want to hear fucking sorry! I want to know why you told Hank not to answer the phones. Have you forgotten that Hank has more responsibility and power than you do?"

I shrank in my seat as I realised that this was Harry Styles and I was pretty sure I could see a vein in his neck twitching and I knew if I was on the receiving end I would not be holding it together as well as Rebecca was.

Instead, I just sat there silently watching with wide eyes.

"I'm interviewing for the receptionist position right now." Rebecca stated and I swallowed knowing the attention would be on me soon.

"Why has it taken so bloody long to replace the last one?!" Mr Styles snapped and I bit my lip.

"They've just not been up to standard, Mr Styles."

"Can you answer a phone?"

I blinked as a pair of green eyes were suddenly burning into my own wide eyes and I nodded jerkily.

"Yes Sir." I said, silently praying that I wasn't about to be shouted at. I was a crier, I had to admit.

Mr Styles' eyes widened for a second, in fact, it was so quick I was pretty sure I'd imagined it before I caught his lips twitching on one side.

"Do you know how to talk? Do you have common sense?" Mr Styles continued and I nodded again.

"Yes Sir."

"Congratulations, you're hired." Mr Styles drawled.

//

Hey gang

Just thought I'd stop by and let you all know that I'm restarting my patreon for May 1st!

I will be posting bambi on Monday and Friday's, Patreon will be 4 chapters ahead of Wattpad just like bloom was!

I am also posting the first chapter of bambi here on Wattpad on Wednesday (the 28th) so if you like it and are able to and want to support me on patreon then you can sign up afterwards

www.patreon.com/vanillasoy

I know times are tough and I definitely do not expect anyone to give me money just to read fic so there are absolutely no expectations or demands

Anyway the second chapter of bambi will be posted on Monday 10th of may!

I hope you will enjoy bambi, any questions y'all know the drill and i look forward to seeing all your reactions to the full first chapter on Wednesday :-)

big love g x