fifty seven.

hello :-)

I pushed the door to the office open, a bounce in my step as I bypassed my desk and headed straight for Harry's and without faltering I walked, to be fair I was practically running, into his office and I only just briefly realised he had left his door open for me.

"H, look what I bought!"

I practically threw my bag on the sofa before rushing over towards him, aware of the way he lent back in his seat, his focus on me completely instead of his computer as he pushed the chair back from the desk.

"At eight fifteen in the morning?" Harry questioned and I nodded rapidly as I hauled myself onto his lap, his hands coming up to steady me as I reached into the Starbucks bag and pulled out my new mug and held it out towards him.

"Look at this!" I grinned as I held the mug up proudly.

I watched as Harry pulled his head back and blinked a couple of times before taking the mug out of my hands gently and he gave it a once over.

"This is nice, you get it from Starbucks?"

I grinned and nodded, "They've got their halloween stuff in! Which means they're gunna have pumpkin spice in soon and I am very excited for that. But look at how cute this is, the little black cat and it has little ghosties too, and they glow in the dark!"

I was a little bit out of breath once I'd finished rambling and I was very aware of how Harry was looking at me but I didn't care I really liked the mug! I just didn't know where I was going to use it, because on one hand I'd like it to be at work but then I wouldn't get to use it on the weekends.

And it was kind of a nightmare considering I was now basically living part time with Harry so if it was at my parents or at his house I'd still miss out on using it all the time.

"How'd you know they glow in the dark?" Harry asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, it says so on the sticker on the bottom, also," I pulled my arms out of the sleeves of my jacket and lent further into Harry's chest before covering both our heads with my jacket and I grinned at him in the small space as the ghosts faintly glowed green.

"Isn't it cute?" I repeated once I dropped my jacket on his desk behind me and Harry had put my mug down.

"It is," Harry agreed with a nod, "Had no idea you liked cats, or ghosts."

"Yeah I love cats, like dogs too actually," I laughed. "And yeah ghosts are cool, why wouldn't I like them?"

Harry laughed at my reasoning before he lent forward and cupped my cheek and I lent into his warm hand immediately, my eyes fluttering closed as our lips met and I melted into him completely.

"Good morning, by the way."

I pulled away from Harry with a laugh, a crooked smile on his own lips as he stared at me and I caught the light shining off my new ring. I still had it on my ring finger, despite the inquisition I had received from not only my Father but also Michelle and Niall.

It was honestly the most beautiful ring I had ever seen, the round citrine stone sitting in the middle with a shiny half sunbeam sat behind it. I had no idea how Harry had known I'd been looking at it for ages.

But then again, I had no idea how he'd known about all the earrings I'd wanted and got from him a few weeks back.

Once my excitement had died down and I realised I was still sat wrapped up in Harry's embrace, I focused on my ring a little bit more.

"We're not engaged, right?"

The words were out of my mouth without me even thinking or realising and I felt my entire body light up in flames as Harry looked at me like I had a third head before laughing.