ten.

omg thanks for 10k!! love u guys 🥰

h.

"Dude, you obviously like her."

I raised an eyebrow at the brunette man draped across the chair in front of my desk.

"That doesn't explain why my stomach hurts."

"Because you love her and you wanna kiss her." Niall sang and without thinking I threw the pen I was holding at him, watching in satisfaction as it bounced off his thick skull. "Oi!"

"Shut up you idiot." I huffed before I rubbed my face and lent back in my chair.

I wasn't usually like this, I couldn't even remember the last time I was like this!

I could remember actually, but I didn't want to considering it had ended terribly and maybe that was the reason why I hadn't pursued anything serious since.

Not that I was saying that this was serious I mean for fucks sake I barely knew this girl.

But this stressed me out, she was stressing me out and my fingers were itching to reach for the pack of smokes in my desk drawer.

"I don't know what I'm doing," I admitted to Niall who seemed to realise I was being genuine.

"Listen Harry, mate, I get it. Girls are scary but ya gotta do something about it. I get it alright, I like a pretty girl too but if you really think about wanting to marry her or whatever it is you're doing in that fat brain of yours then maybe you should do something about getting to know her past her last name."

"Girls aren't scary," I scoffed, "They're terrifying."

Niall laughed loudly and even I relaxed a little bit. I mean I knew he was right but this was so out there and not me and I had no idea what I was doing.

For all, I knew I was reading too much into this and I was going to end up in trouble.

It was bad enough the way my mind performed mental gymnastics when she called me Mr Styles. It was way too soon for my body to react like that and yet every time she called me it was like I was ready to get on my knees for her.

"She's my employee for crying out loud," I muttered, mostly to myself but I heard Niall sigh.

"I honestly don't know what to tell ya 'Arry mate."

"You're fuckin' useless sometimes."

"Jokes on you, I'm useless all the time." Niall retorted and I looked at him as he if was insane.

"My stomach hurts." I groaned, I was honestly one more meltdown away from throwing myself out the window.

"It's the butterflies."

"Well, I fuckin' hate that."

Niall laughed loudly in response making me groan again but I had to admit it was nice to know that he was still Niall throughout everything and our entire friendship, he never changed.

I looked back at my computer and easily clicked on the file I had opened up on Wednesday morning once I'd gotten into the office and looked at the picture of my smiling receptionist. I was aware that this was creepy, very creepy in fact.

But it wasn't like I could just leave my office and stand in the middle of the floor staring across the room at her.

I mean I could but again, very creepy.

I honestly didn't know what compelled me to offer her a lift home, I mean sure I did feel bad when she mentioned having to get the tube because gross and it had been dark and sometimes the city wasn't the safest place for a young woman.