twenty five.

hey thanks for 40k reads love u bitches x

h.

As if everything wasn't shit already, my phone, in fact, my phones hadn't stopped going off since my alarm went off at six.

The whole reason I got up at six in the goddamn morning was because usually no one else was awake and I liked that time to myself.

But hey, why not kick a man when he's down?

I squinted at the screen as I drove, or rather sat at the red light, my eyes flicking across the words that didn't really make a whole lot of sense to me right now. I wasn't entirely sure what was going on but it had Niall, my lawyer and Jacob, my CRMO blowing up my phone like their lives depended on it.

I pulled into my parking space and cut the engine before I bothered to actually open their dramatic emails and text messages, although as per usual Niall's was just his amusement at the downfall of some company as I read on the article he'd sent.

I looked down at my phone as it started to ring just as I stepped into the lift, and I sighed as I debated whether or not to answer the call, all I wanted to do was mope and sulk about my terrible love life but I knew Jacob wouldn't stop calling.

"Morning," I answered the phone, my voice a sullen drawl as I headed up to the top floor and I glanced at my personal phone as a text came in from Gemma and I half-smiled.

"Tell me you haven't ever done anything stupid with any of your staff," Jacob immediately skipped the greeting and I frowned, my heart stuttering before it went back to beating but somewhat erratically.

"Er, wot?"

"Have you not seen the news?" Jacob asked through a sigh, "It's everywhere, literally just broke but it turns out the managing director and a whole bunch of the project managers at The Goliath Group have been fucking their staff."

"Who the fuck is The Goliath Group?" I asked just as the lift doors opened and I stepped out, wedging my phone between my head and shoulder as I opened the door and flicked the light switch on.

I blinked as the lights flickered on across the office and without thinking my eyes found the empty reception desk and I sighed before I realised Jacob was talking to me and I headed into my office without a second glance.

"Sorry, what? Bad reception." I lied.

"I said they're a marketing company but it's not good. I sent you some articles its literally everywhere Harry, the managing director was sleeping with his PA which I mean, cliché and then a whole bunch of project managers were assigning projects based on sexual ratings," Jacob explained and I swallowed thickly.

"Please tell me you've never done anything this stupid."

I laughed coldly as my brain replayed every time I'd touched Ivy up until last night, "No," I told Jacob, "I've never done anything like that."

"Good." Jacob said seriously and I hummed, "I'm sure Charles will be swooping in soon to make sure you guys get a chunk of this shit show."

I hummed as I turned on my computer and dropped one phone onto the desk and headed back to shut my office door.

"Talk to you later," I said goodbye to Jacob before I pulled off my jacket and dumped it on the sofa by the door and pushed my sleeves up as I steeled myself for what was to come.

I read over Niall's message, my lips lifting slightly as he laughed about the state of what was happening and I finally opened one of the articles from the BBC. My eyes drifting across the screen as I realised that fuck this was actually serious.