one.

"So you have no admin experience at all?"

I swallowed as the question met my ears and I shook my head.

"No, but, I'm a quick study and a very hard worker. I know how to manage my time and others effectively thanks to working in the hospitality industry for several years."

"Office work is very different to the hospitality industry, Ivy."

I rolled my lips together as my name left the interviewers lips in somewhat of a sneer and I flexed my toes inside my boots. I knew job interviews were hard, I'd been to some shitty ones but I'd never crashed and burned so hard before.

"What salary are you seeking?" Rebecca, the building manager and my interviewer asked.

"Anything above minimum wage is great."

"The job is minimum wage."

Oh.

"What attracted you to this company?"

You put out an advert for a receptionist and I need a job that isn't being a waitress anymore...

"I've lived in London my entire life so I'm very aware of the very good reputation and prestige this company has and the way they do business is excellent. Styles and Co is the name everyone mentions if you mention business, their investment portfolio is next to none and the different amount of businesses that reside in this building just goes to show how their finger is on the pulse of the modern business world."

I smiled politely as I finished talking, Rebecca's head nodding slightly as she pursed her lips, hopefully she had no idea that was word for word from an article I'd read about the CEO and the company on the train ride here.

Because honestly, I didn't have a fucking clue about Harry Styles and his company.

I didn't even know what the man looked like.

"Give me an example of a time you felt you went above and beyond the call of duty at work?"

I swallowed as Rebecca's cold brown eyes gazed at me across the desk, was she always this serious and mean?

Did I even want this job if she was?

That was a stupid question, of course I did.

I'd do anything to get out of the repetitive job cycle that was retail and into an actual Monday to Friday nine to five job.

"At my second to last job, the cafe, a customer had a heart attack and eventually went into cardiac arrest, which I didn't know at the time. All I knew was that he was having a heart attack and then he stopped breathing. I did CPR on him for about five minutes whilst we waited for the ambulance to arrive."

"Did he survive?" Rebecca asked.

"Yeah." I smiled, that was actually the one time I'd ever done anything meaningful in any of my jobs and I was going to tell people about it for the rest of my life probably.

"Yes, not yeah, Miss Christofi."

I rolled my lips together as I flushed before nodding slightly.

"So you have first aid training?" Rebecca asked as she jotted something down in her notebook and I nodded.

"Yes, I do," I smiled, "I attended a course as an individual a few years ago because I wanted to make sure I had the necessary skills if that kind of situation ever happened and then at my first job, the team did a course so I can be the designa—"

"Jesus Christ! Rebecca tell me why I've had to come downstairs myself to meet my one o'clock meeting and why the phones have been ringing out several times?"