thirty four.

h.

I hadn't ever really been an anxious person.

Sure I got nervous about things, public speaking was probably the one thing that made me the most nervous, even now as an adult I hated it.

I mean I still did it, but I hated every single second of it.

But this, this was a different kind of nervous.

Mostly because I knew, deep down, I was overreacting, it was only ten past eight in the morning and I felt like I had been nervous for the past five hundred hours.

It also didn't help that Ivy hadn't answered my last text.

I mean it wasn't crazy...all I had said was be careful and that I'd see her soon and I knew that there was no signal underneath the city but somehow my brain was attempting to fuel my anxiety about seeing my girlfriend by making me overthink her response.

It wasn't like I hadn't had a girlfriend before, I had. I definitely had, more than one in fact.

Sure, I hadn't had one since I was twenty seven and that was six years ago as my brain liked to remind me almost constantly, but this was still something I had experience with.

Working with my girlfriend, however, was not.

The sound of the office door opening made me stop my panicked thoughts and chair spinning and I looked up, my eyes landing on my girlfriend and just like that all my nerves were gone.

"Good morning," I smiled, watching in amusement as Ivy jumped and my phone buzzed seconds later.

"Oh hey, I just texted you back," She smiled and I felt my heartbeat stutter at the sight.

I stood from my chair, or rather her chair as she pulled her jacket off and I lent down to press my lips to Ivy's, feeling her freeze for a moment before she kissed me back and I smiled against her mouth.

"So I almost got run over on the way here," Ivy laughed once we'd separated and I looked at her sharply.

"Are you okay?" I asked immediately, why was she laughing? Why did she have a habit of crossing without looking like on Saturday?

"Oh yeah, I'm fine," Ivy waved her hand before she left the desk and I followed behind her without a second thought, my lips turning up into a grin as she reached out behind her and took a hold of my hand.

"It was like my dream car, so I wouldn't have been mad."

"I think I would have been mad enough for the both of us," I told her seriously making her roll her eyes and fill the kettle up and I let go of her hand to reach up for our mugs.

"It's fine, I've almost been hit like heaps of times in my life. Ironically by a police car once before," Ivy hummed and I stared at her. "Lighten up."

"No," I shook my head. "I'd prefer it if my girlfriend wasn't hit by a car, y'know?"

"Got away with it so I guess it's not my time to die," Ivy grinned as she handed me my mug and I raised it to my lips as I rolled my eyes at her again.

"What's your dream car then?" I asked curiously as I leant back against the counter.

"An Audi."

"Y'know I have two Audi's, right?" I asked as I raised a brow at her and Ivy nodded. "You've been in both of them, too."

"You also have like a million cars."

"No," I snorted, "I have six cars."

"Why the fuck do you need six cars?!" Ivy looked at me as if I was crazy and I shrugged.