twenty two.

"What's your body count?"

I blinked several times before I looked away from my phone and to Michelle who was leaning against her hand propped up on the desk. Our last game of solitaire still on our screens from where'd I'd won with six seconds to spare.

"Sorry?"

"What's your body count?" Michelle repeated her question, "Like how many people have you slept with?"

"Oh, three," I lied.

What a weird question that was, but then again we had been discussing our Brazilian waxes the other day.

"Oh that's pretty nice," Michelle hummed.

"...Why?"

"Oh I was just curious, I've been having a debate with this guy I'm talking to because he seems to think mine, which is eight, is high," Michelle rolled her eyes and I pursed my lips as my phone buzzed in my hand and I glanced at the screen to see Harry's name on it and I smiled absentmindedly.

"And I wanted to know if you were fucking someone because you have been way too happy this week."

I blinked as I looked back at Michelle making her laugh and I frowned as I realised what she said.

"Wait, who's this guy?" I glanced at my phone to see our bosses name on the screen again and I locked my phone and focused on my work best friend instead.

"Just a guy," Michelle shrugged and I snapped my fingers in her face making her smack my hand away in amusement and I glared at her.

"Who?"

"Who are you fucking?"

I jerked away from Michelle as she raised her eyebrows at me and I choked on my spit, very aware of the text or multiple texts waiting on my phone because Harry was somewhat of a double texter.

"Uh, no one?" I told Michelle honestly, "Why are you obsessed with me having sex!"

"Because you've been suspiciously happy!"

"Am I miserable every other day?!"

"What are you two fighting about?" A third voice chimed in suddenly making both of us look away from glaring at each other to glare at the Irishman.

"Nothing," Michelle and I said together before we smiled at Niall who rolled his eyes.

"I don't like how you two immediately gang up on me," Niall huffed before he checked his phone and then looked back at us.

"Why wouldn't we?" I asked Niall as if he was stupid making Michelle hum in agreement.

"Because you two were literally just fighting!"

"No, we weren't?" Michelle frowned.

"Is this gaslighting?" Niall frowned, "Are you two gaslighting me?"

I couldn't help but laugh at Niall's questions, the look on his face was genuine fear and confusion and that made me laugh even harder. I saw Michelle looking at me in amusement as Niall just pouted harder.

"That is not gaslighting," I laughed with a shake of my head, "Actually, I don't know if it is."

"Anyway," Michelle waved her pink nailed hand, "What do you want?"

"Coffee," Niall shrugged and I looked at him weirdly, why was this our issue? "Wanna come to Starbucks with me?"

"Strawberry Acai refresher, please." Michelle smiled at me immediately making my head roll towards her.