thirty seven.

h.

I'm outside. x

I pressed the little arrow and watched as the message said delivered before I opened the door and carefully held the cigarette away from myself and stepped out of the car, my phone buzzing again before I even got to close the door and I looked down at it, seeing my little one's response.

Bambi 4:53pm: I'm coming, please don't ring the doorbell!!!

I frowned and let smoke exhale from my nose before pursing my lips before tapping out a simple, why?

Bambi 4:55pm: Everyone that lives in my house is inside the house rn

I laughed at her explanation and instead of carrying my route up to her white front door, I stopped and lent against the passenger door and waited for my girlfriend to appear.

I pocketed my phone and crossed my hands across my chest once I'd finished the cigarette and flicked it away, mostly just so I didn't have to look at my semi shaky hands.

I hadn't even been smoking because I was nervous but I was itching to get another one out of my car but I didn't want to smell.

Before Ivy started working at my company, I couldn't remember the last time my hands had shaken because of a girl.

But now, my hands were shaking because of my girlfriend.

It was somehow both equally lame and heartwarming.

I honestly never thought I would feel like I currently feel ever again, Rebekah really...fucked me over as Niall would so eloquently put it whenever her name was mentioned or there was an implied mention of her and he sneered before swearing.

I glanced down at my watch for the first time all day as the minutes ticked past and I smiled wryly to myself, you'd really think I'd use it more considering it had cost me nine grand when I'd bought it a few months back.

But here was Ivy, really making me forget all about the way my ex had warped everything in my life into something ugly and the way she had made my heart twice its usual size before ripping it from my chest and tearing it in two.

And now there was Ivy who made me forget, for the most part, about all that shit and reminded me of who I was before and even when I was with Rebekah before she decided she didn't want me and found fun elsewhere whilst trying to keep all the benefits that came with me.

The sound of a door opening made me look up from where I was staring at my shoes against the dirty road and my eyes found my girlfriend, hurriedly rushing out of her house and I licked my lips before smiling in amusement.

Yeah, she really made me remember how good it felt to be a hopeless romantic again.

My smile only stretched larger as she bounced down the short garden path and up to the curb and I let my eyes trail up from the still white trainers she'd bought a couple of weeks ago and up her bare legs before I found her smiling face and then I let my eyes drop back to her bare thighs.

"Hi," Ivy greeted me as she came to stop in front of me and I pushed off the car to pull her into my arms.

My head dipped before I greeted her back and slotted her plump lip in-between mine own easily before her bag hit me gently in the stomach and I flinched.

"Sorry," Ivy apologised immediately as she pulled away and I hummed. My eyes immediately noticing her fidgeting fingers and I held my tongue.

"Don't be," I shook my head, "Hi."