eight.

this double update is purely for chinese takeaway

+

"Forty six Bic ballpoints."

"Black or blue?"

"Uhh...black." I replied before looking at the boxes of pens again, "That's a lot of pens."

"We're down like a hundred and fifty pens." Michelle rolled her eyes. "Paper?"

"Six boxes." I told her easily making her nod, "This is so boring."

"Hey! I resent that." Michelle grumbled and I looked at her weirdly.

"I said this was boring, not you're boring."

The sound of a door opening had me looking away from the piles of stationery we had cluttered across the desk and I realised it wasn't Niall's door opening but instead the one that was almost directly across from my desk.

I smiled as Mr Styles met my eye, his own lips tilting upwards and I had to control myself as I watched him take a few small steps towards Chelsea.

"Oi!" Michelle jabbed me with the bottom of her clipboard.

"Ow, what?" I rubbed my arm as I glared at her.

"I said, how many staples?" Michelle rolled her eyes as she scoffed at me and I pulled a face at her. "You know if you want to talk to him you should."

"I don't want to talk to anyone." I muttered before I pulled the drawer next to me open, "Three unopened boxes containing a thousand and like half a box."

"He says good morning every single day to you and only you." Michelle put her clipboard down and I looked at her pointedly. "Don't give me that look."

"I won't give you that look if you don't say stupid shit."

"Oi!"

"Oi!" I mocked her making her glare at me in good nature before we simply stared at each other unimpressed.

"Ladies."

The two of us looked away from each other at the sound of an Irish accent and I smiled easily and I was aware of Michelle's own brighter smile.

And she thinks I should talk to a guy when she's the one who looks at Niall like he's the fucking sun.

"Hey." I greeted him easily, his eyes flicking over me easily.

"Why are you bothering us?"

Okay, so Michelle definitely didn't talk to Niall like she thought he was the sun.

"That's rude Chelle, I've got a meeting and I heard the two of you bickering so I thought I better mediate." Niall shrugged and I glanced at the Bisner app on the computer to see both conference rooms empty and not booked for the day.

"Where?"

"We weren't bickering." Michelle and I both spoke together before we looked at each other and then looked back at Niall.

"With 'Arry." Niall jerked his finger over his shoulder and I followed that direction to see Mr Styles standing in his doorway watching Niall. "It sounded like bickering."

"We don't bicker." I backed Michelle up who smiled smugly at Niall which in turn made him roll his eyes and me smile.

"You're both fuckin' liars, honestly." Niall laughed shaking his head.

"Do you own a watch?"

The sound of a fourth voice joining the conversation made me flush as I realised Mr Styles was now standing in front of me directly and I rolled my lips together to stop my laugh as Niall glared at his friend.