thirty nine.

I loved bed.

I loved a lot of things about my bed, I loved being in bed and getting into bed after a long day, wrapping myself up in a tight fluffy black cocoon of my duvet and a blanket or two on top to really just insulate the heat.

I loved wrapping myself up in my bed and watching something to numb my brain and let myself be mindless for a while. I loved knowing I didn't have an alarm or any reason to have to force myself out of my bed.

I also love being unconscious for however many hours. Not having to think about anything or be a sentient being, it was just a good time.

But my bed was nothing compared to this.

I could go without my bed and being wrapped up in my bed for the rest of my life knowing that I had woken up this morning warm, comfortable and looking at what could be the best view I'd ever seen in my short life so far.

If Harry was pretty when he was awake and doing literally anything, then he was a full blown Greek deity whilst asleep.

I had gazed at his face for probably, in total hours, whilst he was awake and I was usually caught but now, now he was asleep and although I couldn't see his eyes, which could be my favourite thing about his face, I got to admire the way his long lashes kissed the top of his cheeks.

My eyes trailed around his eyes and I found myself wishing I had his lashes before I followed the gentle slop of his nose, the widening across the nostrils before I glanced at his cheek bones, sitting high on his face and down to his pink lips.

Usually, his jaw looked like it could cut glass and I had been weird enough to want it to cut me but now his face held no tension and was just pushed against his bright white pillow, he looked soft.

There was no sharp jaw or hard eyes, not that his eyes were ever hard when they were on me but I'd seen him look at Tyler and Michelle and sometimes even Niall with a less than pleasant look flashed across his face.

"You're my best friend too," I whispered.

I was scared to speak any louder and although the sunshine was already bathing Harry's room in a morning glow, it still felt like we were wrapped up in the middle of the night. I mean I was still wrapped up, or at least the best I could be considering I was a stomach sleeper.

"Y'heard me?"

Scratch that, that was my new favourite thing about bed. Harry's voice was deep at the best of times, but now, his voice now was enough for me to forget all of my embarrassment at getting caught or saying nice things last night.

"Yeah."

"Thought you were asleep," Harry hummed before the hand on my back flexed underneath the jumper of his that I was still wearing before he started stroking my skin gently and I tried my hardest not to sink back into sleep.

"I thought you were asleep too," I told him, a half smile appearing on his face before he ran the hand that wasn't on me over his face.

"Having feelings is embarrassing?"

My eyes snapped open to find Harry still laying on his side looking at me, the half smile on his lips gone and replaced with the smug smirk I usually saw when he was making fun of me and I groaned.

"Shut up," I huffed making Harry laugh and I shook my head and buried it into the soft pillow.

I felt the bed dip and I peeked out one side to find Harry's back now facing me before he rolled back over and I smiled at the sight of his glasses on his nose and one of his hands reached out to tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear.