seven.

"Morning."

I smiled brightly as several people filtered into the office and passed me behind the reception desk and I was aware of Michelle watching me in amusement.

"What?"

I raised an eyebrow at her making her shrug and hold her hands up in defence.

"I just don't think you need to say hi to everyone." Michelle hummed and I chewed my lip.

"I think it's polite." I defended myself making Michelle laugh, "I'm just nervous!"

"Yeah, I know!" Michelle laughed again, "You don't need to be, honestly I don't think I've ever said hi to half these people in the morning."

I frowned as I sat back in the chair and instead settled for a simple smile for the people coming into work this morning.

"I gave you your computer logons and passwords right?" Michelle asked and I nodded as I pointed at the fact I was already signed into the computer.

"I have to admit I feel fancy considering we both have Mac's." I said as I smiled at a couple of women who made their way into the office, pleased when they returned the smile.

"Oh I know right?" Michelle grinned just as a little ding sounded from her computer and I looked at the screen to see an iMessage from Niall and I glanced at Michelle. "Oh we all use iMessage instead of emailing each other all the time."

I nodded in understanding as her eyes flicked over the message before they rolled and she nudged me and I took that as her telling me to look at the message.

I hope you two are doing work

"Who does he think we are?" Michelle scoffed making me laugh just as a few more people trickled into the office and I smiled brightly at someone I recognised almost immediately.

"Morning Aarav!" I grinned making the dark skinned man glance up in surprise and I couldn't help but smile wider as he smiled too and headed towards the desk.

"Ivy?" Aarav smiled and I nodded, "What are you doing up here? Are you the new receptionist?"

"Yeah! Michelle got promoted to office manager so I'm here." I explained making Aarav nod.

"That's great, I'm happy for you." Aarav smiled and I nodded before he me a short wave and headed off to his desk.

"I literally did not know his name."

I looked at Michelle in shock, was she serious?

"Are you kidding?"

"No," Michelle shook her head, "I literally don't think he and I have ever spoken. Ivy what the fuck, how do you know everyone?"

"Haven't you worked here for like three years?!" I was so confused as Michelle nodded. "There aren't that many people in here."

"I just...haven't needed to talk to like half of them." Michelle shrugged and I shook my head.

I honestly didn't even know how Aarav got to know each other, I just saw him every morning when I was downstairs. And he pointed out my last name once then we got talking about being immigrants.

Not that I was really considering I was born here in London but still, I was the daughter of an immigrant.

"Anyway," Michelle waved her hand and I looked at her, "I feel like there's stuff I should probably be showing you and stuff but I honestly can't think of anything."

"You're not like great at your job are you?"

"No, I'm honestly terrible." Michelle laughed and I smiled, "Next Monday is stocktake though."