seventy one.

so what's everyone's favourite midnights song? mines midnight rain :-)

h.

My eyes flicked over the seating chart board and I tugged on Ivy's hand as I headed further into the main room of the restaurant. I'd never been to It and now that I'd been here for this event I doubted I'd ever come back.

I also didn't think I'd hold an engagement party in a place like this.

I pulled Ivy's chair out for her, watching as she swept her dress underneath her before she sat and smiled as she thanked me quietly and I took my seat alongside her.

We were the only two at the table so far but according to chart we'd be sat with her siblings.

I looked around as people made their way into the restaurant, most in various states of drunkness and I wondered just how many people the hosts actually knew and cared for.

Because so far, all I was seeing was networking opportunities.

"Where've you been?"

I was drawn away from my people watching by the sound of Ivy's voice and I turned back around to see her looking at another brunette girl pulling the chair out alongside Ivy on the other side and I smiled pleasantly.

"Around," The girl summarised and I saw Ivy roll her eyes and I nudged her slightly before Ivy looked at me pointedly. "Heard you and Katya went at it."

"She started it," Ivy muttered and I hummed, drawing the other brunette's attention and she stared at me blatantly. "Oh, Nadia, Harry, Harry Nadia."

Ivy introduced us casually and I smiled properly.

"Hello," I greeted her, and she continued to stare at me and I almost laughed, ah teenagers.

"Hi," Nadia said before she returned her attention back to her sister. "I see why she started it."

"Don't go there," Ivy muttered just as she batted Alexei's hand away from her head and I laughed making Alexei grin at me as he took his seat alongside the youngest sibling and I wondered if this was going to be everyone.

"You stink like smoke," Nadia crinkled her nose as she directed her attention to Alexei who rolled his eyes. "Don't let Mum find out."

"I'm starving, when do they bring out the food?" Ivy asked as she looked around before looking down at the fancy looking menus placed just in front of our name cards.

"When everyones seated, I would assume," I told her easily, my eyes flicking around the room, seeing it filling up quickly now. "Shouldn't be too far away."

"Oh by the way," Ivy lent into me and I raised an eyebrow at her, "Do not let me be dragged out with my parents."

"You want to stay?"

"Of course," Ivy snorted making me laugh slightly, "I'm staying forever remember?"

Ivy grinned at me making me laugh properly before I lent over to kiss her quickly, aware of both her sister and brother making childish gagging noises which also made me laugh.

"I feel like I've not seen you in forever," Ivy spoke to Nadia and I was content to sit and listen to her, considering Alexei was busy on his phone and my eyes flicked towards him to see him smiling.

"Yeah cause you're never home anymore."

I turned my attention back to Ivy as Nadia answered her and I decided not to sell Alexei out to his sisters.