twenty seven.

I had simply closed my eyes for like five minutes and now somehow I was running twenty minutes behind.

I was tired and I didn't want to get out of bed because I didn't want to go to my job that made me kind of miserable now and honestly I've got the receptionist experience on my CV so surely I'd be more likely to get another, better job now.

"Fucking Nadia," I muttered just as I pulled on my trousers and shoved my toothbrush into my mouth as I tried to dress and do my teeth at the same time.

It actually wasn't fair to blame my sister, I was already late before I'd even got out of bed.

She just so happened to get to the bathroom before I did and I had to wait for whatever a sixteen year old does in the shower.

By the time I was done, I knew I was going to be late to work.

Not even late compared to the time I usually started, anywhere between eight fifteen and eight thirty but now I was going to be late for the nine am start time.

I knew it was bad but I was struggling to care.

I grabbed my bag and jacket before I pulled the front door shut behind me and headed towards the station just as my phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out, realising Michelle had texted me multiple times.

Michelle A 8:15am: Can't believe I'm at work before you

Michelle A 8:46am: My dude, where are you?

Michelle A 8:57am: Ivy I'm being serious, are you on your way to work? You know I got fucking yelled at for being late that other monday!!!

I rolled my eyes just as I slipped onto the train, barely just making it down the stairs in time to make this tube and I sighed as I was jostled about as I tried to get to a spot where I could hold onto the pole.

I knew it was bad and I knew it was bad of me and if Mum ever found out that I'd taken the viewpoint of not seeing the point of going to work she'd scream at me, but I truly didn't.

It used to be fun and happy!

Now I just had to stare at Harry's closed door and be very aware that I had something, that we had something and that I had liked him a lot, still liked him a lot but now it's just all over and done with.

Overslept and running late, sorry boo

I knew my message wouldn't send until I was at Waterloo but I didn't really care purely because I couldn't do anything about the lack of signal in the underground and I was already late, nothing was going to change that now.

The thought crossed my mind to get an Uber from the tube station to the office building but I decided against it and instead just picked up my pace, I was very late now.

I was almost forty five minutes late.

Michelle A 9:35am: I tried to get Niall to lie and say we knew you'd be late...

I laughed half-heartedly as Michelle's text buzzed in just as I reached the lobby doors and I threw a rushed wave and smile at Hank before beeping through the security gate.

But?

Michelle A: 9:37am: harry got to him first and he said he didn't know

Michelle A 9:38am: He's in a fucking vile mood, Niall and I will be praying for u boo

I couldn't help the laugh that left my mouth just as the lift opened on the eighteenth floor and I sighed and steeled myself.