two.

"You're early."

I rolled my lips together as Rebecca regarded me with hard eyes. I didn't think it was a bad thing, in fact wasn't it always better to be early rather than late?

"Gotta make a good first impression." I replied cheerfully. Or at least as cheerfully as I could at eight ten in the morning.

Rebecca didn't say anything in response and instead just hummed before she looked away from me and I caught the eye of the security guard, Hank who rolled them making me smile as he began his shift.

"Fill this out." Rebecca thrust a pile of papers at me and I took a seat behind the desk and pulled out my favourite pen from my pocket.

It was stupid really but I was glad I'd brought it with me. I felt the same way about having a favourite mug or a favourite spoon, both of which I did have, by the way, it just made me feel better.

No matter the situation.

My eyes drifted as I tried to concentrate on the forms I was filling out but I couldn't help but become distracted by the few people heading into the building. There weren't many considering a lot of the businesses didn't start until nine, but the littered beeps of their passwords touching the security banners still held my attention.

"Are you finished yet?"

I jumped as Rebecca appeared from her office behind me and I nodded just as I scribbled my signature on the very last page and handed them to her.

Rebecca's eyes drifted over the paperwork briefly before she nodded and I lent back in the chair, my eyes flicking about above the desk as I noticed a blonde girl and a brunette man heading in and chatting away.

I met the eyes of the girl who smiled briefly at me but her eyes had flicked away before I got to smile back, the brunette man's eyes however lingered and I sent him a tentative polite smile.

I had no idea who either of them were or what floor they worked on but it was literally my first day and I didn't want to start off on the wrong foot.

I relaxed slightly as he sent me a wide cheerful smile back and a slight wave making the girl roll her eyes and laugh as she nudged him before she greeted Hank and the beep of the security gate sounded and the two of them disappeared towards the lifts.

Good to know that not everyone who worked here was scary.

"Ivy."

I jumped as Rebecca snapped my name and I looked at her as she motioned for me to follow her into the office next to hers.

"We need to do your security pass." Rebecca said stiffly as I nodded and took a seat where she pointed, my oblivious self only noticing the camera mounted to the computer once I'd sat down. "You will have access to every floor, you need a card to use the lifts. On occasion, you will be asked to take things or retrieve them from different floors. However, I'd avoid the eighteenth."

"Who's on the eighteenth?" I asked curiously, biting my lip as Rebecca tutted at me and shook her head.

"The eighteenth floor is Styles Industries. You should know this." Rebecca drawled and I bit my tongue.

It was my first day, chill out lady.

"Look directly into the camera."

I did as I was instructed, my eyes finding the centre and I sat up straight as my mouth automatically tilted.

"No smiling." Rebecca frowned just as the camera click sounded and I rolled my lips together. "Try again."

"I said no smiling." Rebecca snapped and I flushed.