Gone -Postlude- (2)

-Evening of the breakup-

Rosie's POV

"Ms. Park..." Henry looks at me with worried eyes, and I wave him off, "I'm fine Henry." I smile at him and he sighs, "For what it's worth, I think this is what you both need...and maybe one day, you'll find each other again."

"Thank you Henry." I smile at him from the back, before turning my attention out the window.

I did the right thing....

I say to myself over and over again, to stop myself from breaking down in the back of the car, like in those cliche scenes from the movies.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jennie's POV

"Goodnight Jennie. Take care." She says as I get out of the car, her voice sounding so calm...but I can clearly see, under the dim lights of the car, how broken her eyes looked.

I'm sorry...I wanted to say those words to her again, but Henry had already closed the door behind me.

"Goodnight Ms. Kim." Henry looked at me with a soft smile.

"Thank you Henry...for everything." I smile back.

"Of course Ms. Kim." He nods.

"Oh and Henry.." I call out to him before he gets inside the car.

"Yes miss?"

"Take care of her."

"As always miss."

The walk from our driveway to the front door has never felt this long and lonely before...maybe it's because for the past 8 years Rosie was always there.

I had just finished changing when I heard commotion in my bedroom.

"Jen..." Jisoo engulfed me in a tight hug after we locked eyes with each other.

"It's fine..I'm okay." I say, because it's true. I am okay. Actually, I feel more sorry than sad over the breakup.

"Are you really?" Jisoo looks at me, trying to gauge if I'm lying or not.

"Chu..." I looked at Jisoo.

"Jennie it's me...you can tell me anything. I mean you and Rosie have been together for 8 years! And suddenly she breaks up with you? Her, Park Chaeyoung...your Rosie since high school. It's just Rosie loves you so much.It's unfathomable to me that she would be the one to initiate it."

"Sometimes...letting go is easier than holding on."

"What?"

"This is her way of making me happier." I answer and before Jisoo has a chance to ask more questions another person enters my room.

"Nini."

"Hi." I smile at Lisa, while I know Jisoo's watching the two of us carefully.

"Jen." Jisoo calls to me and I turn to her, "Everything that glitters isn't always gold." She says, before leaving me alone with Lisa.

"Are you okay?" Lisa asks.

"Why is everyone asking me this?" I chuckle lightly, sitting in front of my vanity.

"Jennie." Lisa follows after me, "Rosie texted me."

"She did." I stiffen.

"Yes, and I don't understand what she means? What happened?"

I sigh, "Lili..." I turned, looking up at her, "Rosie and I broke up."

"What?" She frowns, "Why?"