First Place (8)

-3rd Person POV-

"Yeah I know." Jisoo smiles.

"But," Jennie continues, "I'm married."

"And? You can get a divorce you know, you guys did sign a prenup."

"You say it like it's so easy."

"But it is Jen. What's the point in staying married if you don't love each other?"

Jennie stays quiet

"Unless." Jisoo speaks up after a few moments, "it's not the divorce you're worried about."

"Chu I..." Jennie's hands began to shake, "what if I've already lost Rosie?"

"Jennie.." Jisoo pulls the girl into her arms, "Rosie has been in-love with you for so long..do you really think a year is enough to let go?"

"I don't know...but I'm scared, because if she's really moved on, then I can't do anything about it."

"You won't even put up a fight?"

"Am I even allowed to?"

~ ~ ~ ~

-6 months later-

"Well it was nice being married to you." Jennie chuckles, hugging Irene who gladly hugged her now ex-wife, back.

"It was a good few years." Irene pats Jennie's back, "But we're still friends right?"

"Yes, of course." Jennie pulls back.

The last 6 months have been crazy for the two. Irene decided not to pursue her growing feelings for Jennie after she told Irene about her true feelings for Roseanne. It was hard at first for Irene, but after she let go of those feelings, she and Jennie got along better than ever. But still, the two didn't want to keep their marriage, afterall what's the point if they don't love each other?

As for Jennie and Roseanne...well it's been the same but different. The two started communicating more after that first phone call, but there's a wall between them. A wall that neither one has tried to tear down.

~ ~ ~

"Alright my newly divorced bestie, when are we going to do something reckless like fly to Santorini?" Jisoo asks only half-jokingly.

"Jisoo I literally just got my divorced finalized an hour ago."

"Exac..."

"Okay let's go!" Lisa, followed by Irene, enters Jennie's condo with suitcases in tow.

"Uh where?" Jennie looked at the two.

"Santorini." Irene replied casually, "This one," She points to Lisa, "said that was the plan."

"Guys." Jennie sighs, "Again, I..no we.." Jennie gestures to herself and Irene, "Just got divorced like an hour ago...don't you think we should wait a bit?"

"No." The three chorsued, looking at Jennie seriously.

"Plus we don't even have pl.."

"Already got that covered." Jisoo smirks.

"Of course you do." Jennie rubs her temples feeling a headache coming.

"Jen...you know sitting here waiting for her to come back won't get you anywhere." Irene takes a seat next to the girl, replacing Jennie's hands with her own.

"I know..but Rene~" Jennie whines.

"Babe...are they really divorced?" Lisa whispers to her girlfriend.