Best of Me -3-

"Nini I'm here!" Rosie smiles, peeking her head inside Jennie's office, holding up a lunch bag, "And I brought lunch."

"Well this is a surprise...I thought you were going to have lunch with Mina today." Jennie smiles.

It's been 2 months since Rosie left Japan and more and more memories have been coming back, especially memories of her and Jennie. Mina and Sana are also still in Seoul mostly due to Rosie and, surprisingly, Jennie's, insistence of the two staying longer even if Jennie has to call Osaka National Hospital to make arrangements, which she actually did.

"I was, but Sana said and I quote 'go back to your fiance Park, stop clinging onto my Mitang.'" Rosie tries her best to imitate Sana's annoyed voice, causing Jennie to chuckle at the cute attempt, "Ah so I'm just your second choice. I see how it is." Jennie pouts, acting disappointed.

"Ayy~ you know it's not like that..I just like teasing Sana so much." Rosie explains, moving the papers from Jennie's desk so she can unpack their lunch she made herself.

"Hmm really?" Jennie watches the dark haired girl in front of her carefully.

"I really miss you." The words came out before Jennie even realised it, and Rosie noticed the wording causing her to stop her movements, "I'm sorry." She apologises, "I'm trying to be the me before the accident, but.."

"Rosie.." Jennie interrupts, "I..it's not that."

"Then what is it? You think I don't see it but I do."

"See what?"

"That longing look you give me." Rosie meets Jennie's eyes, "And it hurts when I see you look at me like that, because if I could I would turn myself back to the Rosie you knew. Not whoever this person in front of you is, because clearly whoever I am now isn't the version of me you're looking for." A silence falls over the two. Both were surprised at the sudden outburst of emotion.

"I just remembered that I have to do something..finish your meal okay?" Rosie runs off, leaving a still stunned Jennie.

~

"So that's what happened." Lisa nods after Rosie tells her what happened at Jennie's office, "I know I'm different now, but am I that different?" The girl tucks her knees to her chest.

"Do you really want to know?" Lisa asks, while Leo, her cat, jumps on her lap.

"At this point, I would do anything for her to stop looking like I'm not really in front of her." Rosie smiles when Luca, Lisa's other cat, comes to her, wanting to be held.

"Alright, so..you see before your accident you were kinda of a player...you had this aura about you that just drew everyone in, but you could also be closed off to. Only soft around certain people."

"But Nini and I were engaged right? So doesn't that mean that we...I didn't cheat on her did I?"

"No, you may have played the field but you never once cheated. I thought Jen explained the backstory of the engagement." Lisa frowns, "Anyways, yes the two of you were engaged, but it was because of your parents. And you both did all sorts of things to try and get out of it, but your parents just wouldn't budge..so the wedding was planned, invitations sent out, the whole thing..and then 2 days before the wedding you disappeared."

"Did no one try looking for me?" Rosie sounded disappointed.

"Of course we did, Jen actually found you, but you had already left. And then I told them about the call I got from the hospital in Japan that I thought was spam..and..then months after that call you show up at Jen's door with missing memories."