Bucket List

-Jennie-

"For you." Rosie hands me a single Daisy.

"Thank you." I smile, placing the flower in a small vase. I don't want it to wilt right away.

"So you ready?" Rosie asks, her hand extended out for me to take. I stare at her hand for a moment...remembering all the times she's held it out for me. All those times...one by one..from the beginning.

"Jen?" She pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." I placed my hand in hers, and she intertwined our fingers together. Giving my hand a gentle squeeze. She knows..of course she would..She knows me best after all.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

"So..should we start off with breakfast?"

"Yeah let's go to our usual..it's been a while." I wrap my free hand around the one that's holding mine.

"Okay." She pats my head with her free hand.

~ ~

"Do you remember when we first met?" Rosie asks, a reminiscent smile on her face.

"Of course..it was quite memorable." I laugh remembering that day. Trying to ignore that feeling. Goodness...why did I ask for this..why did I....

"HEY WATCH OUT!!" I hear a yell above me, but before I can react I'm suddenly drenched from head to toe in pink paint.

"YAAHHH! YOU!!! GET DOWN HERE!" I was livid. My day was already bad and this just had to be the icing on the cake.

"I'M SO SORRY! I'LL BE RIGHT DOWN!"

"Goodness, do you remember how long we had to wash my hair? I really thought I had to shave it all." I pout.

"How can I forget? My water bill was through the roof that month."

"Well whose fault was that?"

"Alright alright it's mine. I thought we'd already established that." Rosie laughs, and I couldn't help but laugh along, memorizing the sound of our laughter together.

The first time we met...it really was memorable. Who would have thought it would have led us to something more.

"Well look at you two having so much fun, either you've known each other forever or you just met.." The waitress finally comes to the table with our meal.

"Hmm not forever, but it sure feels like it." I try not to sound bitter, so I play it off with a light chuckle.

"Ah I see..well I have the waffles and a side of avocado toast for you." The waitress places my meal down, "And the eggs benedict with a side of hashbrowns for you." She places Rosie's meal down.

"You two let me know if you need anything else okay?"

"Thank you." Rosie and I speak together.

~

"So what did you have in mind for today." Rosie asks me, while we wait for the bill to come.

"Honestly? I don't know.."

"Oh.." Rosie nods, "How about we go on a little trip." she suggests, with a light glint in her eyes.

"Where?" I raise a questioning brow.

"Just a roadtrip..hmm how about we go to Disneyland?"

"Wait really? But LA is like a 4 hour drive from here." I frown, worried about her having to drive us there and back.