Gone -Prelude-

-High School-

-Year 11-

・Rosie's POV

There she goes again, looking stunning as always. Goodness, God really took his time making Jennie Kim. From her long chocolate colored hair, her feline eyes that draw anyone in, her cute little button nose, her very kis....

"Hey!" Lisa nudges me out of my thoughts, "You're staring again." She laughs at me.

"I was not." I denied, I was thinking about this math problem." I point to my notebook.

"Rosie...that's your chem homework." Lisa's loud laugh echoes around us in the outdoor quad.

"Can you shhhh." I cup my hand over her mouth, "People are staring." I smile politely at everyone.

"Okay first of all, everyone stares at you regardless." Lisa says stealing one of my chips.

"Hey, get your own." I move my platter of fish and chips away from her wandering hands.

"Anyways, when are you going to ask her out?"

"I have no idea who you're referring to." I reply, trying to concentrate on my notebook..and not at Jennie Kim who's currently sitting 4 tables away with her best friend Jisoo Kim.

"Mhm sure. But c'mon Rosie you've had a crush on Jennie Kim since our first year here."

"And?"

"Dude, we've only got this year and the next left. You really going to let high school go by without even trying to ask her out? I heard she's trying to get into uni outside of Australia."

"She'll get in, I'm sure. Who would ever want to reject her." I glanced over at Jennie's table, and her gummy smile was showing. Jisoo must have said something.

"Uh hey Roseanne." A sudden intrusion, blocks the best view for me.

"Hi," I look up and held back my grimace, "Kyle."

Kyle Andrews, school's football captain and total asshole.

"Just wondering if you had any plans tonight?"

"Uh.." I look at Lisa asking for help.

"She does." Lisa answers, with a devious smirk on her lips.

"Li.."

"With Jennie." She says, right as Jennie walks by grabbing her wrist.

"Huh?" Jennie looks at Lisa, then at Kyle, and then at me.

Good Lord why is she so perfect. I turned my eyes away from her because I didn't need to be so visually attacked this close.

・Jennie's POV

"Right Jennie. You and Rosie here are going to the movies tonight."

"Uhm no we'r.."

"You must have forgotten Jen." I turn to Jisoo with wide eyes.

What the hell is happening right now? Why did Lalisa Manoban say I have a date with Roseanne Park? It's Roseanne Park, the student body adores her. She's got the looks, the brains, and the money. Roseanne Park is perfect, and there's no way in hell she would ever look at someone like me.

"Remember, Mr. Rowland paired you and Roseanne for a lit project." Jisoo nudges me.

"He..ah.." Jisoo subtly pinches my side, "He did."

"Really?" Kyle the asshat looks at us.

"Yes, now leave Kyle." Lisa shoos Kyle away.

"You're welcome. Now let's go Jen." Jisoo says smiling at the other two girls, before pulling me away.