First Place (7)

"I never knew you to be a quitter." Seulgi answers, "The Joohyun I know has always been a fighter, even when pushed against a wall."

"You want me to try even though it's a losing battle?"

"You won't know you've lost unless you tried Hyun, I mean you said it yourself..you lov.."

"Like." Irene interrupts.

"Okay fine, like her..so why not try a little harder? I mean you're already married, that gives you a big advantage don't you think?"

"I guess..."

"Okay good. Now finish up and head home. I'm sure Jennie's waiting." Seulgi smiles, glad to see the smile return on Irene's face.

Maybe I should have taken my own advice.

~ ~ ~

"Jen?" Irene calls out after her dinner with Seulgi.

"In here!" Jennie calls out from the living room, "Hey." Irene smiles.

"Hey..you're home early." Jennie looks at her wife with a soft smile, "Did you have dinner yet?"

"Yeah, I had dinner with Seul." Irene replies, taking the spot next to her wife on the couch,

"What are you watching?"

"Oh uhm Money Heist." Jennie replies not used to the small talk.

"Is it good?" Irene asks.

"It's really good Rosie and I started it together, but since she..." Jennie trails off, "You should watch it when you get the chance."

"Do you miss her?" Irene asks.

"Hmm?"

"Chaeyoung..do you miss her?" Irene asks again.

"She called me today." Jennie suddenly says, ignoring her wife's question, "for the first time in one year..I spoke to her."

"I see...what did she say?"

"She just asked how I was doing."

"Wait, you said for the first time in one year..so since she left you guys never kept in touch?" Irene asked, surprised.

"Rosie said she needed to learn not to look at me anymore." Jennie replies in a small voice, eyes cast down, "And I guess it only took a year for her to do that." Jennie lifts her head up with a smile that didn't reach her eyes and Irene didn't know what to do.

A silence drapes over the married couple. One engrossed in her thoughts about a certain blonde and the other trying to find a solution to all of this.

"Jennie." Irene finally speaks up.

"Hmm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What made you agree to this marriage?"

"Can I be honest?" Jennie asks and Irene nods, an encouraging smile on her face.

"You know my feelings towards you right?"

"I uhm.." Irene becomes flustered.

"It's okay Rene, I know you don't feel the same way." Jennie laughs seeing how flustered she made the older woman, "in the beginning it was a small crush..nothing too much you know, but with Rosie always pushing me towards you..I just kinda found myself watching you more and that's how my feelings grew."

"Is that really it? You agreed because of a crush?" Irene pressed, "Because you should see the way she.."

"I know." Jennie interrupts, "I found out about her feelings the night before the wedding and I kept that to myself too scared to know what would happen if she found out...but in the end she still left. I hurt her too much didn't I?"