A Love So Beautiful (3)

-3 years later-

"Take me to Jen's place..and leave the car with me."

"Again? You know how I can't get a cab there and uber is expensive."

"I'll reimburse you."

"Will do boss. Enjoy your date with Ms. Jennie. I hope you guys build a wonderful family together."

"Just keep quiet or I'll take it back." Doyeon smiles.

In front of Jennie's condo, Doyeon leans on the hood of her car, calling Jennie.

"Are you off from work yet?"

"I didn't work today, my boss isn't at the office so I'm just watching Netflix at home."

"Lisa asked me to help her pick out a ring for Chu, do you want to come?"

"No, let her pick whatever he wants. Chu's not into those fancy things anyway."

"How about you, what kind of ring do you want?"

"Big ones...Ah wait, I have another call."

"Alright." Doyeon chuckles and soon enough she sees Jennie running out of her condo in a rush.

"My dad...they took him to the hospital."

"C'mon get in."

~

"You head in first, I'll park the car."

"Okay." Jennie nods, her hands trembling.

Running inside Jennie looks left and right trying to find her family.

"You haven't been back for that long but you're already a deputy director...at this rate you'll be the hospital director by next year. But what are you going to say at the committee meeting?"

"Hello? Hello? Earth to Dr. Park? What are you looking at?"

"Nothing." Roseanne shakes her head, "C'mon let's go before we're late.

Inside the conference room, Dr. Lim was introducing Roseanne as the new deputy director when the girl abruptly stood up in her chair.

It was her..right? It had to be.

"I..excuse me. There's an emergency." She lies, the need to confirm what she saw far greater than the meeting.

Rushing out of the room, Roseanne runs around the direction she last saw her. There were more people at the hospital and it made it harder to find her.

"I know you're here..where..where." Roseanne looks around until her eyes finally catch her figure.

"Jennie..." Roseanne whispers to herself..after three years the person she missed the most was just a few feet away.

Feeling eyes on her, Jennie looks up from the sheet of paper in her hand and like in the movies, time slowed.

"Rosie.." Jennie found the, now blonde, girl right in front of her.

"Jen! How's your dad!" Doyeon walks in, wrapping an arm around Jennie's shoulder. Something Roseanne kept a lingering gaze on.

"He hurt his back and needs surgery, I just need to find the cashier's desk so I can settle his insurance claim."

"Long time no see." She speaks up.

"Yeah, it has been a while." Doyeon nods, while Jennie is still confused.

"Excuse me." Doyeon stops a nurse walking by.

"Yes?"

"Can you point me towards the direction of the cashier's office?"