First Place (4)

"Just what are you doing exactly Roseanne?" Lisa asked, barging into my office.

"Well good morning to you too Lis."

"Chaeyoung." Lisa says in a stern tone, looking me dead in the eye.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I sigh, knowing exactly what she's referring to.

"Don't act dumb Rosie."

"Lisa..." I sigh, "It's too early for you to be scolding me." Rubbing my temples, feeling a headache coming.

"I'm not scolding, I asked you a question."

"Right...but that's usually how you're scolding start, this isn't a courtroom Lisa."

"I know, but life isn't a drama." She tells me pointedly, playing with my unfinished rubix cube.

"I know that."

"Do you?" She asks, already almost done putting the cube together.

"Yes."

"Right, but you know.." She pauses, one turn away from completing the damn cube, "Sometimes when you think you've figured it out..when you think you've made all the possible moves and take a step back.." Lisa turns the top piece, "Do you see all the mistakes you made." She hands me the cube, the faces all matching colors except the center piece.

"What are you trying to say with this?" I lift the cube up.

"I'm saying to take a step back."

"From?"

"You know from."

"I really don't."

"Chaeyoung, stop hurting yourself already." Lisa says before walking out.

"Too late for that don't you think." I whisper, fiddling with my rubix cube..putting it back in it's original unsolved form.

~ ~ ~ ~

-3rd Person POV-

"Good morning Jen." Irene enters the kitchen where Jennie is currently preparing their breakfast.

"Hey, good morning." Jennie smiles, feeling her cheeks turn red when Irene places a quick peck on her cheeks, "That smells good what are you cooking?" Irene asks, going around Jennie and grabbing two mugs out and preparing some coffee.

"Just some dumpling soup. I thought you might want something light to help start the day."

"Ooh yum." Irene smiles, signaling their staff to let her handle setting the table.

"Hmm someone woke up on the right side of the bed." Jennie teases.

"Not really." Irene looks at Jennie who raises a brow, while setting the soup on the table.

"You weren't there." The older finishes, and Jennie was thankful she didn't lose all her composure at that moment or else she really would have dropped the soup.

"And when did you get so flirty Mrs. Bae?" Jennie hides her blushing face.

"I don't know, you tell me Mrs. Bae?" Irene goes around Jennie, trying to get a glimpse of her face, "Cute." Irene cooes.

"Tch..that's cheating." Jennie says under her breath as the two sit at the table.

It's been 2 years since the wedding and Irene has really started to finally open up to Jennie, albeit slowly.

"So what's the plan today?" Jennie asks, it was the weekend and although they should both be off, Irene would usually go to the office.

"How about a date?"