First Place

All my life I've always been first place. In sports, school, music, anything. I've never settled for anything less than first place. But when it comes to her, why can't I manage to be first place?

"Jen." I call out, turning my head a bit. I chuckle when I realize that she fell asleep, "Why do you always fall asleep leaning on me?" I ask her softly, reaching a hand and tucking the loose strands away from her beautiful face.

"You're beautiful...and I love you." I confess, like I always do..like I always have. I love her so much even if it hurts, even if I'm not the one she wants. My eyes travel to her hands resting on her lap and I catch the sight of the ring on her left hand. I take that hand in mine...caressing it softly...and wishing it was me who won.

"Hey....let's play a game." I look over at Jennie, it's late and once again we've snuck out to our own little hidden spot that had a magnificent view of Melbourne's downtown. Drinking some of the wine we stole from her mother's cabinet.

"Game?" She asks me, cheeks flush, probably from the alcohol, but still I place my jacket over her shoulders and she mumbles a soft thank you.

"Yep." I smile and she squints her eyes at me, "You know I'm bad at games Rosie." She pouts.

"It's not hard. Trust me."

"Hmmm..."She puts a finger on her chin, thinking about it, "Tell me what kind of game it is first before I agree."

I shake my head, the ever clever one, "Alright...it's simple really. We just have to stay like this, together."

"Huh?" She looks at me confused, "How's that a game? You know I'll always be by your side Rosie...." Jennie pauses her eyes staring up at the sky, "And you'll do the same right? You won't leave."

"Of course I won't."

"Then why do we have to..."

"You didn't let me finish." I pinch her cute little cheeks, "The point of the game is that one of us has to realize something about the other...something they haven't known before."

"Hmm you're being sus Rosie." She hiccups, and that's my cue to take the glass from her hand, chugging the last bit of wine.

"So play this game with me?"

"Fine...only because I know you'll let me win like always." Jennie giggles cutely.

"Okay...but prepare yourself Jennie Kim." I smirk at her.

"Ohh I'm scared." She teases me.

I don't care how long this game goes on, but I am going to make you realize your real feelings for me Jen.

And I'll win when I get to place a ring on your left hand.

~ ~ ~

"Rosie Poop!!! Good morning!!" Lisa jumps on my back.

"It's too early for this, please get off me Lalisa." I straighten my back, causing her to fall off.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...wonder why." Lisa gives me a pointed look and if she wasn't one of my closest friends...I might have killed her already.

"I wonder why...when someone decided to barge into my house at 7am." I looked over at her and she sheepishly smiled, "Jisoo had to go on a weekend business trip to Tokyo and your place is close by the airport."

"How are you a lawyer with that excuse?" I ask her.

"Shut it. I just don't like being alone when she leaves."