First Place (6)

-Jennie's POV-

"I'm sorry"

Rosie's soft voice has been replaying in my head over and over all day...was it a dream or did she really say it?

"Mrs. Bae." I'm pulled out of my thoughts by my secretary, "You're meeting with the board in 10 minutes."

"Right..thank you Lia." I smile, checking my phone to see if Rosie's replied to my texts yet.

Something wasn't right..Rosie always replies right away.

~ ~

"Jen? What are you doing here?"

"Hey Lis..just wondering have you heard from Rosie today yet? She hasn't been texting me or answering my calls." I sigh, plopping on the couch in Lisa's office.

"Really? Well maybe it's cause she's still on the plane, her flight left this morning right?"

"What flight?" I ask, Rosie..she wouldn't, not without saying anything.

"Wait, she didn't tell you?" Lisa frowns, "She left for Greece this morning."

"Greece?!" I stood up, "How long is she there for?" I ask while furiously typing on my phone.

"Uhm she said a month for work." Lisa shrugs.

"I don't think so, Lis." I look up from my phone, "Rosie wouldn't leave just like that, not without telling me."

"She doesn't have to tell you everything, Jen."

"But she does anyway, which means this isn't just a 1 month work trip."

"And? Does that matter?"

"Of course it matters." I reply, starting to get annoyed.

Is Lisa not concerned that Rosie might not ever come back?

"Why?" Lisa asks, sitting back on her chair, arms crossed.

"What do you mean why?"

"Why does it matter if it's not just a 1 month work trip? There's nothing tying her to stay here, she's free to go wherever and honestly, if she plans on not coming home then okay. It's not like we can't visit her or anything."

"Do you hear yourself? Rosie might not be coming home and you're okay with that?"

"Like I said, there's nothing tying her here, so why are you getting so worked up about it?"

"Because I..because she..." I couldn't find the words.

"You can't have them both, Jen." Lisa says, leaning forward, her arms resting on her desk.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Lisa sighs, chuckling to herself, "Nothing, just saying my thoughts out loud."

"Lisa, can you please be serious."

"Just give Rosie time, Jen. You know she's not the type to make rash decisions." Lisa tells me, her gaze softening.

"Alright.." I relent.

"Good..now how about a movie night with Chu and me?"

~ ~ ~

-1 year later-

"Hello?" I answer the unknown caller, something I usually don't do.

"I'm surprised you answered." I heard her voice again after a year of waiting.

"Rosie.." I smile. I'm glad I answered.

"Hey Jen..how are you?" I can sense she's nervous by the sound of her voice.