A Love So Beautiful (4)

As the days rolled on, Jennie went back to her usual routine..except for one thing, Roseanne has been showing up at her office as much as she can to take the girl for lunch or if she can't make it, she'll get food delivered to Jennie.

"Ready?" Roseanne smiles, she somehow managed to wear Jennie down enough to invite her out to dinner.

"I can't eat with you tonight."

"Why not?" Roseanne pouts, the two standing in front of Jennie's office building.

"I told Doyeon I'd go with her tonight."

"But.."

"Jen, ready to go?" Doyeon shows up, swinging an arm around Jennie's shoulder, an act that made Rosenne frown.

"Yeah." Jennie nods, and Roseanne wants nothing more than to chase after her..but a part of her couldn't, not because of her pride, but because she's starting to wonder if it would be better to just be a part of Jennie's life as her friend. At least in this way, she'll still be close to the girl.

~ ~

"So Lisa told me that you and Rosie have been spending a lot of time together." Jisoo playfully says.

"We have...I think this whole being friends thing is fine." Jennie nods.

"Friends? You still think she wants friendship after literally asking you to make-up?"

"I still can't believe she did that. Like did she think she could come back here and I'd fall back into her arms? I'm not that immature girl anymore. I grew up and I've moved on..she needs to do the same."

"Have you really?"

"Really what?"

"Moved on."

"Duh Chu. If I didn't move on or whatever, do you think I would be fine casually hanging out with Rosie?"

"So you're really just going to choose Doyeon?"

"Why do you guys make it seem like Doyeon and I are a thing? Like I can only choose between one or the other? What if I don't choose her?"

"Jennie...you know she's still in-love with you?"

"Rosie?"

"The fact that you thought of her first..." Jisoo says and Jennie waves her off, "I meant Doyeon. She's always been okay with the way things are between you two, but there's longing in her eyes."

"I'll talk to her and draw the line."

"Alright, but do it quickly."

"Why?"

"Just cause." Jisoo shrugs, taking a sip of her iced coffee, "Anyways, how's work?" Jisoo changes the subject, scared she might say something she shouldn't.

"The same as always."

~ ~ ~

"Okay what's this important thing you needed to tell us?" Lisa says, sitting in front of Roseanne at a cafe near their place.

"Where's Chu?"

"She's coming, she got hung up with work stuff."

"Right..so..I met a publisher who wants to publish Jennie's comic."

"That's great...why are you telling us this and not her? Do you want me to be the main character? If so, my fees won't be cheap."

"Since I've been back..Jen and I haven't really been like before. She's been cold to me.."

"You deserve it." Lisa interrupts.

"Yeah I know I do, but I've been trying to fix things and she's just put this massive wall between us. And with this opportunity for her, I know she won't do it, not from me at least." Roseanne looks at Lisa, who raises a brow at her friend, "I need you and Chu to help me get her in touch with the publisher."